Obama: Vietnam Leader Ho Chi Minh Was Inspired by Founding Fathers

Yeah, this is gong to go over well. Obama can take his America hating rear end to the Wall and tell that to the 60,000 families who lost their loved ones in Vietnam.

foxnewsinsider.com/2013/07/26/president-obama-says-vietnam%E2%80%99s-communist-dictator-ho-chi-minh-was-inspired-founding#ixzz2aCnw2kJI

President Obama is under fire for remarks he made after meeting with Vietnam’s President Truong Tan Sang, one of the world’s few Communist leaders.

Obama appeared to compliment Vietnam’s late Communist dictator Ho Chi Minh, pointing out that the Vietnam War-era leader was inspired by none other than our Founding Fathers and documents

WASHINGTON — Texas congressman Sam Johnson, who spent seven years in the Hanoi Hilton, isn’t at all happy that President Obama linked North Vietnam’s revolutionary founding father with Thomas Jefferson and the other American founders.

The former POW called it outrageous to suggest that a “ruthless dictator, Ho Chi Minh, was inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution.”

trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/07/rep-sam-johnson-ex-pow-rips-obama-for-linking-ho-chi-minh-with-jefferson.html/

Obama met Thursday with the president of communist Vietnam, Truong Tan Sang, who gave him a letter Ho Chi Minh sent in 1946 to President Harry Truman, seeking U.S. aid. In a brief session with reporters, Obama said he discussed trade and military cooperation with his counterpart. And they had a “candid conversation” about human rights, including “the progress Vietnam is making and the challenges that remain.”

What if Ho actually quoted Jefferson?? I know this sounds bad. I would say tacky and crass.

Castro may have received American aid at one time for all we know.

I think I have heard that some Obama assistants have expressed admiration for someone like Mao, now that is unacceptable.

I think two did, but I forget their names. I know one did. I remember reading an article about her.

Forum rules prohibit me from expressing what I feel about this man…this latest comment only adds to that feeling.

I am never surprised by anything like this that comes out him. He is always consistent.

As a Vien Nam Veteran, I will say what others dare not: Obama is an evil man who constantly lies to the American people!
His pro-abortion stance and espousal of publicly funded contreception qualifies him as an evil person.
And this is charitable as to what I really think of him.

Real Good Post George. Thanks for your service too.

Sorry about the run-in we once had like 6 months ago!

Why is Obama under assault here for stating an incontestible fact? Ho Chi Minh did claim inspiration from America’s founding documents…

"All men are created equal. They are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness".

This immortal statement was made in the [Declaration of Independence of the United States of America (United States Declaration of Independence - Wikiquote) in 1776. In a broader sense, this means: All the peoples on the Earth are equal from birth, all the peoples have a right to live, to be happy and to be free.
The Declaration of the French Revolution made in 1791 on the Rights of Man and the Citizen also states: “All men are born free and with equal rights, and must always remain free and have equal rights.”

Those are undeniable truths.

Also a good read on the early life of Ho Chi Minh is Embers of War

Ho Chi Minh and Obama are of the same cloth.

Obama recognizes as much.

Thankfully there is not much left of the Ho Chi Minh system of economic folly in Vietnam these days. All that remains is the Marxist oppression of the Catholic Church.

Obama of course also has these same totalitarian intents toward freedom of conscience that Church teaching stands for in America, even if many American Catholics no longer do.

What a buffoon. This clown is supposed to be intelligent? Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin were Ho’s Founding Fathers, and they may be Obama’s as well. :whacky: Rob

All Communists say nice things about freedom and democracy before they assume power. They know that cosmopolitan chumps in the West will swoon. Ho was a ruthless killer. If this isn’t true, nothing is true. :shrug: Rob

This doesn’t surprise me in the least. :(:mad:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is absolutely true. Ho was a committed Marxist from the beginning. As a young student in France during World War I, he would no doubt have been familiar with the works of the French *philosophes *who were instrumental in bringing about the French Revolution.

Just. Wow.

Obama has a natural admiration for Marxist / Communist leaders because during his formative years in Honolulu, his mentor was his grandfather’s close friend, communist Frank Marshall Davis.

Americans are trained to have short-term memories, so probably do not recall the Ho Chi Minh ornament on the White House Christmas tree in 2009:
freerepublic.com/focus/news/2413607/posts

Hugo Chavez said that if he could vote he would vote for Obama. I think Lenin and Stalin would say the same if we were all back in their time.

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/toxic-one-obama-chavez.jpg?w=640

Thank you for your service and I agree with you about Obama.

Sometimes the truth hurts.
Ho Chi Minh wanted to free his country from the tyranny of colonial rule under the French.
He asked the US for diplomatic support in this effort post WW2 but was rejected, it wasn’t convenient even if we knew colonial rule was wrong.

He got his support from the Chinese, and the rest is history.