Bush: Man of the year

• Thread starter Thread starter sweetchuck
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
President Bush is the Man of the year, but he has been named person of the year. How interesting that a man must be called person, but a woman can be named woman of the year!

40.png
Ulysses:
President Bush is the Man of the year, but he has been named person of the year. How interesting that a man must be called person, but a woman can be named woman of the year!
actually, not since 1986 has there been a “Woman of the Year”

time.com/time/personoftheyear/archive/covers/1986.html

but as recently as 1998 were there “Men of the Year” (Clinton and Starr)

The women whistleblowers of 2002 were called “Persons of the Year”

40.png
sweetchuck:
Nevertheless, Bush’s 2nd “man of the year” cover puts him in elite class among past world leaders: Churchill, Truman and few others.
Your point got me curious about those who have been named MOY more than once. Looking back at the list today, about 37% of the years have had the designee “win” this title more than once (29 out of 78).

Here’s the list of those given “man of the year” designation multiple times.

Three:
Franklin Roosevelt

Two:
American Soldier
George W Bush
Winston Churchill
Bill Clinton
Deng Xiaoping
Dwight Eisenhower
Mikhail Gorbachev
Lyndon Johnson
George Marshall
Richard Nixon
Richard Reagan
Joseph Stalin
Harry Truman

40.png
digitonomy:
Two:
Richard Reagan
Wow! So does that make 4 wins for Reagans (2 for Rich, 2 for Ron)? 😉

jk – couldn’t resist]

Seriously, thanks for the analysis. That’s some elite company.

Person of the year, oh how happy the feminist must be with their efforts to gender neutralize the world. If your behind the times and want to know what is all about read “The Gender Agenda” by Dale O’Leary. I will promote this book to the uninformed to the day I die. I was shocked to the core as I read it, and I thought I was pretty well informed.

Linda H.

I see Bush was so happy he was named man of the year, he actually made a rare appearence at Church yesterday!!

sweetchuck said:
(of course, liberals will say, “so what? Hitler won it in 1938 and Stalin won it twice!”)

I’m a staunch Conservative and my response is “so what?”

40.png
katherine2:
No. he thinks its just a cookie.
"Jesus Christ, who ñis the reflection of GodÍs glory and the exact imprint of GodÍs very beingî (Hebrews 1:3), is truly present in Holy Communion. Through Jesus Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit, God meets us at the Table. God, who has given the sacraments to the church, acts in and through Holy " From This Holy Mystery: A United Methodist Understanding of Holy Communion

Dubya is a good christian.
CCC 818 “However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers … All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church.”

But for those who know the teaching of the Church:
Can.æ 915 Those who have been excommunicated or interdicted after the imposition or declaration of the penalty and others obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to holy communion.
Can.æ 916 A person who is conscious of grave sin is not to celebrate Mass or receive the body of the Lord without previous sacramental confession unless there is a grave reason and there is no opportunity to confess; in this case the person is to remember the obligation to make an act of perfect contrition which includes the resolution of confessing as soon as possible.

Now I know you know this, and yet you are still quite bitter that the CINO Poster-boy didn’t win. Never forget what his first task would have been, to ñreverse the Mexico City policy on the gag rule so that we take a responsible position globally on family planning.î So much for that “seamless garment” your always flailing about, looks like it got snagged on some forceps.

40.png
Ulysses:
Does this mean that women are not persons (kidding).

Actually, they have it all wrong. I’ve explained this before. Person has the word “son” in it. That’s discrimination. Have to change it to child or adult as the case merits. Bush is peradult of the year.

For the same reason, in the Nicene cread, we must say Jesus became huperchild instead of “became human”, the phrase that many feminists want to use instead of “became man”.

Let’s get this PC to really be C. Or something like that.

40.png
katherine2:
I see Bush was so happy he was named man of the year, he actually made a rare appearence at Church yesterday!!
As Fr. Groeschel would say - How do you know? You were there?

I’m glad they caved in and made him POY instead of making some phony diversionary selection out of sheer disdain for him. It’s so obvious that he is POY in this case, why fight it? Of course it doesn’t mean anything.

**My man of the year is Everyman who lives in Anybody town. He’s the artist in California, the antique collector and doll man in Ohio. He’s the sculptor who lives behind Cumberland Farms in my town, and the Vermont poet, whose home is an oasis in the midst of mayhem. My man of the year is the Representative who treats citizens as equals and solicits their advice. **

tcrnews2.com/gennews2.html

Peacemonger said:
**My man of the year is Everyman who lives in Anybody town. He’s the artist in California, the antique collector and doll man in Ohio. He’s the sculptor who lives behind Cumberland Farms in my town, and the Vermont poet, whose home is an oasis in the midst of mayhem. My man of the year is the Representative who treats citizens as equals and solicits their advice. **

tcrnews2.com/gennews2.html

Amen to THAT brother! Especially that LAST line…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back