• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Celebrities offer brief relief for troops
By Associated Press

CAMP LIBERTY, Iraq (AP) — About 1,000 soldiers at this sprawling western Baghdad base took a break Tuesday from the war’s day-to-day grind to be entertained by comedian Robin Williams, former NFL quarterback John Elway, and model Leeann Tweeden. .
The three stars landed in Baghdad along with Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, in military helicopters for a visit to boost troop morale during the holiday season. .
The VIPs were greeted with deafening cheers from soldiers representing units including the 1st Cavalry Division based in Fort Hood, Texas, the 256th Brigade of the Louisiana National Guard, and the 2nd Brigade of the 10th Mountain Division out of Fort Drum, N.Y.

qctimes.com/internal.php?story_id=1041524&t=Nation+%2F+World&c=26,1041524

This isn’t the 1st time he has spent time during the holidays with the troops.

I must say that I have respect for somebody will go and show our troops that we do care. God Bless all of them, and God Bless our troops!:amen:

40.png
gilliam:
This isn’t the 1st time he has spent time during the holidays with the troops.
Bless him for doing it. But he’s got a way to go to catch up with Bob Hope’s record for entertaining the troops at Christmas-time.

DaveBj

I love Robin Williams. He is the funniest guy around, and it is great to hear that he has a big heart as well.

40.png
DaveBj:
Bless him for doing it. But he’s got a way to go to catch up with Bob Hope’s record for entertaining the troops at Christmas-time.

DaveBj
I don’t think he is competing with Bob Hope. Emulating maybe. Following in his footsteps, maybe. compteting, no. I have heard a number of interviews with Robin Williams about these tours and he is genuinely in awe of the troops. He is really being a nice human being about all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back