Jimmy Carter is At It Again

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

Former US president and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Jimmy Carter will head the supervising committee for the Palestinian elections set to be held on January 9, Israel Radio reported.

Carter was invited by senior members of the Palestinian Authority to participate in the supervision of the elections.

Carter will head a 90-member committee that will be responsible for assuring proper election procedures and will remain in the election areas up to three days.

jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/Printer&cid=1103080760034

With just a little luck the Palestinians will elect him and he can do the same thing to them that he did to us when he was our president. 😃

40.png
Lance:
With just a little luck the Palestinians will elect him and he can do the same thing to them that he did to us when he was our president. 😃
:amen:

Sorry you guys dislike this fine Christian man. I personally think he’s great. He walks the talk… 🙂

40.png
WhiteDove:
Sorry you guys dislike this fine Christian man. I personally think he’s great. He walks the talk… 🙂
I agree with you.

40.png
WhiteDove:
As a person he’s great.

As a leader he is absolutely worthless.

Jimmy Carter should have stuck with building homes for the poor. that was a wonderful thing to do, and he fit with that organization. But as a (world) Leader, he is inadequate at best.

When it was announced he got the Peace Prize as a ‘slap’ to America’s current policy, as an American he should have turned it down. The Peace prize shouldn’t be a political statement, it should urge people to follow in the footsteps of great works for others.

I admire Jimmy Carter greatly. Granted, his term as President was not particularly notable, though in part he was victimized by economic forces not really under his control. But both before and after his presidency, he has made spendid contributions.
He was interviewed a couple of nights ago on TV on two late-night shows, by Jay Lenno on network TV and by Tavis Smiley on PBS. Tavis conducted a masterful interview with excellent questions; Jay’s questions were pretty shallow.
Carter’s career brings to mind a couple of other former Presidents (interestingly, both one-termers). The presidencies of John Quincy Adams and Herbert Hoover were probably the low points of their careers–both before and after their presidencies, Adams and Hoover made important and valuable contributions to the governmental sector.

40.png
Lance:
😃 I have been chuckling since I read the above; oh the thought of it, just makes me laugh and all kinds of funny things go through my mind.

40.png
WhiteDove:
He started his run for election in Iowa as a pro-Life Candidate. Then switched to pro-Abortion when he saw which way the Democratic wind was blowing. He was our first pro-abortion president.

40.png
PilgrimJWT:
I admire Jimmy Carter greatly. Granted, his term as President was not particularly notable, though in part he was victimized by economic forces not really under his control. But both before and after his presidency, he has made spendid contributions.
He was interviewed a couple of nights ago on TV on two late-night shows, by Jay Lenno on network TV and by Tavis Smiley on PBS. Tavis conducted a masterful interview with excellent questions; Jay’s questions were pretty shallow.
Carter’s career brings to mind a couple of other former Presidents (interestingly, both one-termers). The presidencies of John Quincy Adams and Herbert Hoover were probably the low points of their careers–both before and after their presidencies, Adams and Hoover made important and valuable contributions to the governmental sector.
The economic forces somehow came under Reagan’s control only a few weeks after he took office and the Iranian hostages were released the day he took office. I suspect the Iranians knew that they would be in for more than a couple of crashed helicopters. He was the absolute worst president in my life including Nixon.

40.png
Lance:
… and the Iranian hostages were released the day he took office. I suspect the Iranians knew that they would be in for more than a couple of crashed helicopters.
They refused to release them before Reagan took office. The deal was already in place, but they wanted to add one last insult to Carter.

Don’t forget. He “Lusts in his heart”.
I never hated Carter. I’m sure he is a good person, who loves the Lord.

A wise choice on the part of the Palestinian leadership. Any election headed by one of their own would never be completely trusted by the public.

Carter was a good person. Almost too good to be president. I mean, he never met a murderous tyrant he didn’t like. He had no hatred in him, and, unfortunately, in this world, a leader needs to hate evil in order to fight it. And by hatred, i mean hatred of evil–had we not hated the Holocaust, we wouldn’t have fought Nazism.

Carter is a great example of how a good person can do bad things.

“For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven… a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.”
– Ecclesiastes 3

Carter could love during the time to love–his admirable personal work for the poor is proof of that.

Carter could not hate during the time to hate–his congeniality with tyrants was proof of that.

Good man, as long as he isn’t commander in chief.

Blessings.

40.png
Jay74:
Carter was a good person. Almost too good to be president. I mean, he never met a murderous tyrant he didn’t like. He had no hatred in him, and, unfortunately, in this world, a leader needs to hate evil in order to fight it. And by hatred, i mean hatred of evil–had we not hated the Holocaust, we wouldn’t have fought Nazism.

Carter is a great example of how a good person can do bad things.

“For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven… a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.”
– Ecclesiastes 3

Carter could love during the time to love–his admirable personal work for the poor is proof of that.

Carter could not hate during the time to hate–his congeniality with tyrants was proof of that.

Good man, as long as he isn’t commander in chief.

Blessings.
Living in GA, I am very aware of former Pres. Carter…and I must say you are so right…I couldn’t have said it better myself. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back