Some Interesting Facts About"Red" and "Blue" States

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholicvegan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholicvegan

The other day I was reading an article about “red” and “blue” states, and I thought it was very interesting. I would just put it up here, but the people would want some sort of link or proof to confirm my claim. Well, I have that proof.

1st of all:
The top 9 Catholic states, in order, are: Rhode Island (63.5 percent Catholic), Kerry’s home state of Massachusetts (47.7 percent), New Jersey (43.5 percent), New York (40.6 percent), Connecticut (38.7 percent), Illinois (31 percent), Wisconsin (30.5 percent), Pennsylvania (30 percent) and California (29.8 percent). Interestingly enough, they all went for Kerry.

2nd:
I also noticed some other things. Consider these two maps:
sensoryoverload.typepad.com/sensory_overload/images/then_map_2.jpg

sensoryoverload.typepad.com/sensory_overload/images/now_map_2.jpg
See any similarites?

I can’t see the map too well, but it looks like the red states, MI, ID, ND, SD, WY,CO, AZ, NV,OK, OH are missing on the first map. What are they supposed to represent??

Annie

There are more people who say they are Catholics who aren’t true Catholics than Catholics that are. And you know that as well as I do, and what you are hinting at is rather amusing to me.

40.png
AnnieD:
I can’t see the map too well, but it looks like the red states, MI, ID, ND, SD, WY,CO, AZ, NV,OK, OH are missing on the first map. What are they supposed to represent??

Annie
It is a Civil War Map, those states weren’t existing yet.

40.png
AnnieD:

Annie
Almost all the red states were pro-slavery before the Civil War or at least open to slavery. The blue states were the ones predominately anti-slavery. Weird coincidence.

Some additional interesting information:
Source:
glenmary.org/grc/RCMS_2000/Catholic%20rankings_tables.pdf
1990 to 2000:
The states with the largest reduction in % catholic (in order)

actualy shrinking:Rhode Island, Michigan, West Virginia;​

% shrinking: Louisiana, Vermont, N. Dakota, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio.
The states with the largest increase in % catholic (in order)
Nevada, N. Carolina, Washington DC, Idaho, S. Carolina, Virginia, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Arkansas

California had more voters for Bush than any other state, even all the states he won in. Except for Texas which didn’t have that many more votes. (California’s Orange county had more votes for Bush than any other county in the nation). It was the same thing in Washington state, and I want to say Oregon too. So technically we have a lot of Conservatives… unfortunatlly liberal voters outnumbered us.

40.png
wabrams:
Almost all the red states were pro-slavery before the Civil War or at least open to slavery. The blue states were the ones predominately anti-slavery. Weird coincidence.
Right, and it was the democrats held those “red states” in the most gruseome racist period on our history, the years leading up to and then *over a century after the Civil War!! *

Segregation and Jim Crow?? Democrats.

The republicans (by and large) were the abolishionists. They were to the “left” of the democrats on civil rights issues. But being to the “left” or “right” of an issue doesn’t make you automatically right or automatically wrong.

Civil Rights Act of 1964?? It doesn’t pass unless 80% of Republicans vote for it!! Only 50% of Democrats supported it!!

Republicans are accused of being racist because of their dominance of the South, but it’s really not the case. Having values steeped in religious faith and traditional family values does not mean that someone is racist.

Democrats have just gone from being backwards socially to being downright loony socially!! The democrats are the ones who changed most drastically!

Republicans (again, by and large) fought for the recognition of Equal Rights, on the basis of Natural Law, and stopped their progressive nature there!! For this they are accused of racism?

They just are not interested in the “two wrongs don’t make a right” mentality that the Demogoguing democrats have had for the last 40 years!

Content of one’s character, not the color of one’s skin. Affirmative action, racial quotas, etc go against the 14 Ammendment to our Constitution!

I wanted to say the same thing as JLW, but couldn’t come up with the words.

And slavery was 150 years ago, theCivil Rights Act was only 40 years ago, and a much higher proportions of Republicans voted for it Weird coincidence.

Republicans by and large are pro-life, democrats by and large are pro-abortion. Weird coincidence.

The Catholic Church teaches that abortion, contraception, etc. are evil and mortal sins. In many cases Catholics by and large outnumber other groups and religous denominations in these sins. Weird coincidence.

40.png
CaptSC:
I wanted to say the same thing as JLW, but couldn’t come up with the words.

And slavery was 150 years ago, teh Civil Rights Act was only 40 years ago, and a much higher proportions of Republicans voted for it Weird coincidence.
And, now put pro-life with that…

40.png
AmyS:
And, now put pro-life with that…
I was just editing that and some other things.😃

AND IN ILLINOIS, ONLY 25% of CATHOLICS VOTED FOR PRO-LIFE CATHOLIC ALAN KEYES FOR SENATE, who is the only true “Catholic Politician” I know of. WEIRD COINCIDENCE!!!

We have a chance to elect a genuine Catholic for Senate, (unlike Massachusetts, who has two “Catholic” senators) and guess who blows it. Catholics!

There, I had my rant. What can the topic-starter say to that. Just thinking about Catholics in my state and parish get my blood boiling.

40.png
CaptSC:
I was just editing that and some other things.😃

AND IN ILLINOIS, ONLY 25% of CATHOLICS VOTED FOR PRO-LIFE CATHOLIC ALAN KEYES FOR SENATE, who is the only true “Catholic Politician” I know of. WEIRD COINCIDENCE!!!

We have a chance to elect a genuine Catholic for Senate, (unlike Massachusetts, who has two “Catholic” senators) and guess who blows it. Catholics!

There, I had my rant. What can the topic-starter say to that. Just thinking about Catholics in my state and parish get my blood boiling.
Me too… It is so simple, read the Catechism it is all right there. They are Catholics by name only, like my friend who nevers goes to church, knows nothing about the faith, and still obstains from meat on Fridays during Lent… I always want to ask her what the point is.

40.png
JamesD:
Some additional interesting information:
Source:
glenmary.org/grc/RCMS_2000/Catholic%20rankings_tables.pdf
1990 to 2000:
The states with the largest reduction in % catholic (in order)

actualy shrinking:Rhode Island, Michigan, West Virginia;​

% shrinking: Louisiana, Vermont, N. Dakota, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio.
The states with the largest increase in % catholic (in order)
Nevada, N. Carolina, Washington DC, Idaho, S. Carolina, Virginia, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Arkansas
Now that is interesting!

40.png
CaptSC:
It is a Civil War Map, those states weren’t existing yet.
Ohhhhhhhhhh…of course, I knew that! I was just trying to see if you
knew that, CaptSC.

😃

:blessyou:
Annie

You know what else is a “wierd coincidence”? I was reading the South Povery Law Center’s Intelligence Report that deals with racism (obviously). They were reporting on 25 politicians who had connections to the racists CCC (Council of Conservative Citizens). 22 of the 25 were Republicans, 2 were Democrats, and 1 was a bipartisan judge. How wierd! Republicans connected to racism! Taking a look at the map of the 2004 election and slave/free states, well, in the words of the person who posted it on the site I got it from, “we’ve come so far…”. We have come far- well, some of us have.

40.png
Catholicvegan:
How wierd! Republicans connected to racism! Taking a look at the map of the 2004 election and slave/free states, .
Hello? Lincoln. Republican. Remember?

Peace!

Thank God Sen. Byrd is sleeping on his sheets these days…

Hello? Byrd. Democrat. Remember???😃

Point being–Party affiliation does not a racist make. Nor does geographic location or color (red, blue, white, black). C’mon, this is really pretty silly.

Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back