“Young Montalbano” anyone know it?

• Thread starter Thread starter F_Marturana
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F_Marturana

During March my cable provider gave access to channels I normally don’t have. That was done I guess during lockdown since most people were home from work and school.

I had access to RAI (Italian tv station) and one of the programs I saw was the crime drama called “ Young Montalbano” about a young police detective in Sicily.

Has anyone seen it? I’m watching it now because it’s available on Amazon.

The storylines are not too complicated, usually there are two crimes per episode, usually interrelated. The scenery is really very pretty.

Just curious. I think it might have played in the UK as well.

We watched the Montalbano (senior) any time the public french television diffuse these movies. I find the scenario difficult to follow and understand. It’s easier for me on the second watching.

I remember that my husband watched young Montalabano, but I don’t keep any memories myself.

I never saw the original Montalbano programs. My mother used to like them.

Are they dubbed into French, or do they show them with subtitles?

They are dubbed into French.
Dubbing are the norm in french television and movies. We are many actors. That’s maybe one of the reasons French people are so bad in foreign languages, if we compare to some people in balkanic Europe who learn who to speak English thanks to them watching TV with subtitles…

One of the things in Montalbano that impressed me a lot is the blue blue Mediterranean sea… I have already been in Scicily, but the sea I saw was in my memory less blue than in Greece.

Something very different from my usual English Channel! Still blue, but less intense, and much more rainy!

One of the others things are the burials rites and respect for the trepassed people. All people in black. Priests who give the last blessing to the dead people in the graveyard when they are put into the put in the ground.
There was a funeral vigil at home, where all the friends and family gather around the dead man.

For me dignity give to the dead people are very important, and I and miss these rites. Unfortunately I never known that. Priests no longer go to the graveyard, only the family and friends. Vigil at home are very rare, and many legislatives push to forbid them. Thanksfully there are some (Catholics) tanatoprators who are very vigilent and milit every times it is need.

Sicily is an island very populated and urban. The cities are very vertical, very busy and noisy (because it’s Italian, as you know cars are very noisy etc).
Outside the cities there are a lot of secondary houses. I was a tourist in winter, and I saw coutless houses closed.

And outisde the cities, in small touristic villages and places… I almost see nobody in the streets… Very strange atmosphere…!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back