Thanks for the posts.
I’m probably going to go head-to-head with a few people over the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, and since their authority is Scripture Alone - I wanted to get a better feel for how early Christians interpreted this verse, and the John 6 Bread of Life discourse. The latter has a ton of commentary, but I wasn’t so sure about the verse I posted here.
On slightly related topic, what is required for the Eucharist to be valid, i.e. for Jesus to be present? Or is He always present whether the Eucharist has been validly carried out according to the norms and intentions of the Church?
i.e. An Orthodox Eucharist is valid, would a Lutheran one be? (Understanding that a Catholic couldn’t commune at a Lutheran church due to doctrinal differences)
What about, for a example, a Baptist one - even though they hold to a strictly memorial view themselves.
Thanks,
Peace in Christ,
Joel :harp: