1 Corinthians 15: Who told whom about seeing the risen Jesus

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimmo42
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimmo42

Guest
Greetings!

I recently saw a video where someone made the claim that based on 1 Corinthians 15:5-7 it is “clear” (their word) that Paul was told by Peter and James that they had seen the risen Jesus. However, as I read it, Paul is simply listing out the people who saw Jesus after the cruxification and does not mention who told whom. One could assume that this is was was discussed when Paul visited Peter and James as described in Galatians. But there is nothing in Galatians about what exactly was discussed. Am I missing something? Is there any specific mention of who told whom in this context? Thanks in advance.

Regards to all.
 
You can reasonably infer from Galatians 1 that Paul heard these accounts of the resurrection from Peter and James. I can’t imagine this topic not being discussed when Paul stopped by Jerusalem to talk with them. However, it is nowhere expressly stated.
 
I can’t imagine this topic not being discussed when Paul stopped by Jerusalem to talk with them.
Interesting. That is one one of the arguments in the video. The person went so far as to make other claims about what was discussed in that meeting there were never explicitely stated. But isn’t that an argument from incredulity and is therefore fallacious. Couldn’t they have spent the 15 days simply discussing organisation things like the church heirarchy, how they will communicate in the future, etc.?
However, it is nowhere expressly stated.
Thanks. My biggest concern was that I was missing something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top