1-Volume Liturgy of THe Hours, i.e. Book of Christian Prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter dumspirospero
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dumspirospero

Hello…I just sold my 4 volume Liturgy of The Hours, and I currently own the 1-Volume laymen’s version “Book of Christian Prayer”. I haven’t picked it up in a while, because I have been praying The Little Office, however today I was at reconciliation and part of my penance requires me dowing some prayer/reading from the 1 Volume Liturgy of The Hours…could someone please tell me where we are currently at in the Office Readings, Morning and Evening Readings, etc and the 4 week Psalter…Thanks so much in advance and God Bless…also, please forgive me for any mispellings, I am typing blind…My glasses broke and I can’t see the computer screen too well LOL 🙂

Large type for you: We’re in week 3 of the 4-week Psalter – page 877 for Tuesday morning prayer. Hope that helps!

Sorry I can’t help with the Office of Readings, since the 1-volume Christian Prayer doesn’t have it. 🙂

Crazy Internet Junkies Society
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

See Liturgy of the Hours for printable copies of the hours each day.

You will need Adobe; I’m using Adobe 7.0. It won’t work with some of the earlier versions.

I recommend that you take the second option “Display and Booklet”, pick the day, and take the first option “Display Format”. This will give you all the hours for a given day.

I have the one volume version; so use this for the Office of the Readings. It is also useful for determining what to take from where for the other hours when the day is complicated.

LOL…thanks a lot Carol…You are absolutely right about the Office Readings…I am so used to reading them in the 4 Vol LOTH, I have not done the 1 volume in I dont’ know how long…I don’t have much experience with it…thanks everyone for your help. God Bless
40.png
CarolAnnSFO:
Large type for you: We’re in week 3 of the 4-week Psalter – page 877 for Tuesday morning prayer. Hope that helps!

Sorry I can’t help with the Office of Readings, since the 1-volume Christian Prayer doesn’t have it. 🙂

Crazy Internet Junkies Society
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

for those using Shorter Christian prayer or other version that does not have office of readings, after concentrating on lectionary for the day, you may also look for life or writings of the saint of the day (from which OR is often taken), or simply continue with whatever book you have chosen or been assigned for your spiritual reading. another possibility is a devotional commentary on the daily scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back