N
Nicholas_II
Guest
Dear all
I was reading 1st Corinthians last night and had one of those, mmm moments. For some reason I couldnt get these out of my head.
“Jesus did not send me to baptise but to preach” or similar
This struck me as it put the emphasis on Pauls preaching rather than his sacramental ministry, which we catholics seem to make prevelant, or at least equal, in our understanding of the mission of the Church.
Now, I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation for this quotation from St Paul, which is fitting with the teachings of the Church (I havent checked the CCC or googled it or anything, Im just looking or some responses)
The thing, is, I dont know how I missed this quote before, I know I have heard most Protestant “mantras” but possibly not this one. Is it one? If it is, or is not, in any case I would like a refresher!
ta.
NII
I was reading 1st Corinthians last night and had one of those, mmm moments. For some reason I couldnt get these out of my head.
“Jesus did not send me to baptise but to preach” or similar
This struck me as it put the emphasis on Pauls preaching rather than his sacramental ministry, which we catholics seem to make prevelant, or at least equal, in our understanding of the mission of the Church.
Now, I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation for this quotation from St Paul, which is fitting with the teachings of the Church (I havent checked the CCC or googled it or anything, Im just looking or some responses)
The thing, is, I dont know how I missed this quote before, I know I have heard most Protestant “mantras” but possibly not this one. Is it one? If it is, or is not, in any case I would like a refresher!
ta.
NII