2 Marian question

• Thread starter Thread starter goreyfan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goreyfan

Hope someone can help me with these questions: 1.) Is it true that if you’ve been enrolled in the Brown Scapular that you don’t have to get future scapulars blessed to get the indulgences and promises attached? 2.) Do you have to be in the state of grace to start preparation for St. Louis de Montfort’s total consecration to Jesus through Mary?

40.png
goreyfan:
Hope someone can help me with these questions: 1.) Is it true that if you’ve been enrolled in the Brown Scapular that you don’t have to get future scapulars blessed to get the indulgences and promises attached? 2.) Do you have to be in the state of grace to start preparation for St. Louis de Montfort’s total consecration to Jesus through Mary?
  1. As the Formation Director of my Lay Carmelite community I can tell you without hestiation, that no, you don’t have to have future scapulars blessed because the blessing is on YOU not the scapular in particular. And the promises are contingent upon you leading a good life as a Catholic–it’s not a charm or a good luck piece.
  2. If you mean have no mortal sins on one’s soul, I’d say yes because no one will receive any further graces as long as he is in a state of mortal sin.

I wanted to start the 33 days of preparation tomorrow so I could make my consecration on January 1st. Do I have to go to Confession before I start the preparation? My spiritual life’s in quite a bit of disarray right now and I’d like to start the preparation so that I can have our Lady’s help to get the strength to amend my life and go to Confession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back