50,000 gather to pray the rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter contemplative
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
EWTN will be broadcasting it live tonight.

9:00 Eastern Time.

🙂

Cool! Let’s join them!

I have heard that if you pray a Rosary with others (say a group of 5), it is as if you, yourself have prayed the Rosary five times.

Does that mean if we join with the 50,000 it is as if we have prayed that many Rosaries??!!

40.png
Didi:
Cool! Let’s join them!

I have heard that if you pray a Rosary with others (say a group of 5), it is as if you, yourself have prayed the Rosary five times.
A highly poetic and delightful thought, however it has no basis in fact. Perhaps the person who coined the expression meant that it makes you feel five times as good about it! 🙂

Anyway, I don’t have cable so I no longer can watch EWTN, I hope someone posts their review of the event!

Ok, I watched it was beautiful. Tears filled my eyes a couple times. Very nice.:love:

Wow, I bet that was beautiful. I will have to check EWTN programming to see if it is on again. I would guess it would be similar to in St. Louis at the Eucharistic Conference a few years back when at least that many walked a couple of miles in a Eucharistic Procession from the TWA Dome (now the Edwards Jones Dome) to the Mississippi River right through downtown. 😃 There was a beautiful fireworks display that followed. Thanks and God Bless.

Wow! You wouldnt want to forget the prayers if a group that size. My bible-study group prays the Rosary before we start and it is so common for someone to be leading a decade and getting so involved that they forget where they are up to… “Blessed art thou among women and… (pause)… Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee”! I feel embaressed when i do that in a group of 10! Just imagine how great the atmosphere would be with 50,000 people!! Its amazing!!!

This gathering was especially beautiful. The rosary prayed was a global rosary. Each decade was represented by people from different parts of world praying the first 1/2 of ‘Our Father’ & ‘Hail Mary’ in their native tongues.

I’m looking for ANY news in the secular media regarding this event last night. I do not have cable, therefore, did not see it on TV. I can’t even find anything mentioned in Dallas newspapers online today. This seems odd for a gathering so potentially large and multicultural.

Does anyone know where I can find news post event?

In Christ,
HIkers5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back