54 day novena

• Thread starter Thread starter phoebecat3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phoebecat3

How many of you do this? Even though I’m not Catholic-I thought I might try it . 😃

Are you talking about the 54 day rosary novena where you say five decades of the rosary for 27 days in petition and five decades for 27 days in thanksgiving even if your request has not been granted? I have used this novena when confronted with very serious situations in my life and it is an extremely powerful novena and a labor of love.

My husband and I started a 54 day Rosary Novena in the beginning of Lent. It was various reasons, but the main reason was to get a daily habit of praying the Rosary.

When you start such a Novena you have to pray the Rosary every day no matter what. After our 54 day Novena was over we started another one after a few days. We are one when we pray the Rosary together. The love to our Mother Mary and to eachother grow more deep every day when we pray.

I’ve doen it. It becomes addictive. Late last year, I was trying to say the rosary every day. It became my new Year resoultion.

Then I read about the novena, and had more than enough intentions to chose form, so I thought why not? I have made tow. The first had ambiguous results…I suppose I shouldn’t state that. With any prayer, the end result is God’s will. The second novena, I had such immediate results in a short time, that I wondered what the decorum was…whether I should begin the thank you part, even though I had barely started the petition part? I decided to stick with saying the entire 54 days.

No one has to be Catholic to pray the rosary. It’s a great form of prayer, what we would call a devotion. I am happy that you are trying it.

I have noticed that the longer I pray it, the more deeply I am able to meditate on the mysteries. Concentration still flutuates for me. Some days are better than others. In the beginning, it was difficult to squeeze in one rosary a day, now I usually say a few; one for the novena and others for other causes.

I have received great help in praying even just single rosaries here and there for isolated causes (meaning not part of a specific novena), but something comes up and I think I will pray a rosary (meaning one group of mysteries for this challenge); help with dealing with grief, help with tension at certain areas; guidance for an issue or decision. I am finishing my second novena soon, and wondering what intention I should use for a next novena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back