A Bad Realization

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRATUS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CRATUS

Guest
If I had more confidence in myself, I would not believe in God. Honestly, if I were smarter, richer, more beautiful, had stronger personality traits I would not believe in God. I understand why weaker people like me need a God. What is the point in believing God if you can be a good person on your own and take care of yourself? I honestly say I cannot. I have mood swings,anger issues, deep emotional wounds etc it seems natural for people to point me to needing Christ, which really annoys me. If I were not so scared of hell, I would live the life I envy others for. It seems God is just another clutch or morality in general. It seems another thing I will never be good enough for. Not only this, envy/jealousy is a sin, yet God gives some people far more than others. Some people have heavier crosses to carry than others. I do not know if I understand free-will. We are given choice, yet for whatever reason some people are prone to more or less vices than others.
 
Maybe because the people you see as not needing Faith are those who understand that their Faith is what led them to success.

Or maybe the people you see as successful have their own troubles but are better at hiding them.

Or maybe the fact that you say you would reject God if you had success is why you can’t have success. Maybe if you had faith to accept God no matter what happens in your life you’d overcome your barriers.
 
We are natural beings, in that we have natural human bodies.

In the order of nature, inequality is a given.

The antelope has to outrun the fastest bobcat to stay alive.

The bobcat has to outrun the slowest antelope to stay fed.

The system depends on some antelopes getting et, and some bobcats starving.

Likewise, in the human sphere, there are differing abilities, and different “crosses.” The human world wouldn’t work if everybody were the same.

ICXC NIKA
 
We are natural beings, in that we have natural human bodies.

In the order of nature, inequality is a given.

The antelope has to outrun the fastest bobcat to stay alive.

The bobcat has to outrun the slowest antelope to stay fed.

The system depends on some antelopes getting et, and some bobcats starving.

Likewise, in the human sphere, there are differing abilities, and different “crosses.” The human world wouldn’t work if everybody were the same.

ICXC NIKA
Reminds me of a parable/fable/story I heard recently. The antelope wakes up every morning and knows if he doesn’t outrun the fastest lion he will be eaten. The lion wakes up every morning and knows if he doesn’t outrun the slowest antelope he will starve. Whether you’re an antelope or a lion, you know one thing: when you wake up you better start running.
 
What is the point in believing God if you can be a good person on your own and take care of yourself?
Because God is real; and, moreover, because we can’t “take care of ourselves” by ourselves any more than we can will ourselves into being. Our utter dependence on God as creatures—no matter our beauty, our talents, our gifts, yes, even our power—is such that we are always nothing: HE is everything; and all of our positive traits are nothing more than gifts to us which we should share with others, in loving adoration of the One who gave them to us. To misinterpret such gifts as being something we ourselves deserve or produce, is a great delusion of our deeply misguided world.

It makes no sense to envy others for how much God has given them, because, in the process, we prevent God from giving us what He wants to give us, and thus, we grow stagnant or even regress.

God wants to fill us all up to the very boundaries of our being, and to even expand such boundaries, and to give us the place in heaven He wants for us to have. But in order for Him to do so—in order for Him to exalt us—He has willed that we must humble ourselves. And we cannot humble ourselves when we make ourselves the judge of all other people, and even of God Himself, by asking Him in condemnation why He gives things to His beloved children, or why He makes His sun shine on the good as well as the bad, or His rain to fall on the wicked as well as the just.

But I say these things because you posted this in the Spirituality forum.

Perhaps it is also good for you to approach this from a philosophical perspective, from the perspective of the existence of God, which ultimately is a philosophical question.

Try some of these radio programs on for starters: catholic.com/search/content/why%20are%20you%20an%20atheist?filters=type%3Aradio_show
 
Because God is real; and, moreover, because we can’t “take care of ourselves” by ourselves any more than we can will ourselves into being. Our utter dependence on God as creatures—no matter our beauty, our talents, our gifts, yes, even our power—is such that we are always nothing: HE is everything; and all of our positive traits are nothing more than gifts to us which we should share with others, in loving adoration of the One who gave them to us. To misinterpret such gifts as being something we ourselves deserve or produce, is a great delusion of our deeply misguided world.

It makes no sense to envy others for how much God has given them, because, in the process, we prevent God from giving us what He wants to give us, and thus, we grow stagnant or even regress.

God wants to fill us all up to the very boundaries of our being, and to even expand such boundaries, and to give us the place in heaven He wants for us to have. But in order for Him to do so—in order for Him to exalt us—He has willed that we must humble ourselves. And we cannot humble ourselves when we make ourselves the judge of all other people, and even of God Himself, by asking Him in condemnation why He gives things to His beloved children, or why He makes His sun shine on the good as well as the bad, or His rain to fall on the wicked as well as the just.

But I say these things because you posted this in the Spirituality forum.

Perhaps it is also good for you to approach this from a philosophical perspective, from the perspective of the existence of God, which ultimately is a philosophical question.

Try some of these radio programs on for starters: catholic.com/search/content/why%20are%20you%20an%20atheist?filters=type%3Aradio_show
It seems like transgressing God’s law unless it is serious, has no real consequences? Obviously, murder, theft, rape, adultery all have real consequences. Even then, if you do not feel guilt and you are able to get away with those sins, why does it matter?
I can see why the weak need God. Of course they do, they cannot manage well in society or take care of themselves. Why do the strong need God? I am saying, if I did not have anything wrong with my life, my self-esteem, etc I would not go to church. If I could happily transgress God’s laws, I would not believe. For whatever reason, I cannot feel happy with myself when I treat others badly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top