A couple prayers very helpful to say

• Thread starter Thread starter workinprogress
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

workinprogress

Don’t forget the 3 Hail Marys followed by “Oh My Mother, Prevent me from committing mortal this day/night”. There is an old story, I think in the first part of “Hell”, that a partier was saved from Satan’s strangulation by saying that prayer. I don’t think it’s made up. In any case, saying it is supposed to help you maintain purity but still don’t forget to ask for the Precious Blood to wash over you and St. Michael, your Guardian Angel, St Maria Goretti (sp?), St. Joseph and the rest of the Holy Family to help as well. And don’t forget to say, “My Lord and my God” when the priest lifts the host at mass during the consecration. There’s a big indulgence in it!

Ah… the Ave Maria (Hail Mary). Such a wonderful, beautiful prayer. I noticed that whenever I went to confession, the priest (any priest) would always give me the advice to “ask the Blessed Mother…” It’s been the same all throughout my confessions. It’s always “ask the Blessed Mother…”

It’s as if God is telling me to cling to our Mother’s help.

So from then on, whenever I feel the lure of temptation, I pray one Hail Mary and miraculously, the temptation wanes.

In a similar note… ever heard of the Miracle Prayer? It’s such a powerful prayer that convicts a soul.

3 times a charm as they say. I think it’s Scott Hahn who said that 3 is like the superlative for at least ancient Jews (like the 3 denials of Christ by Peter and his 3 times acceptance to feed Christ’s “sheep”). I think the 3 Hail Marys is traditional and has more benefits than just because it is said 3 times because the prayer at the end is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back