A Curse of a Blessing?

• Thread starter Thread starter CatholicCid
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatholicCid

Just wanted to see what people thought of a situation that happened to me a few days ago…

I went to a football practice, and due to injury would be watching the practice from a press box.
As I got out of my car, I had three options of what to take up with me to kill some time…
  1. My wallet, decided to leave that since it’s not that fun
  2. My cellphone, has the time on it
  3. A rosary and a prayer book
Since I only wanted to take one, I decided I might pray the rosary inbetween plays… So I took option 3.
Now, I was in my 3rd Decade of the Joyful Mysteries, when one of the guys got injured… He broke his arm and seemed to be in a lot of pain…
Now, since all I had was a rosary, I decide to pray for him…
But, if I had my cellphone, I could have called an ambulance right away, which they ended up calling about 10 minutes after he got hurt because they looked for the trainer, then called an ambulance… The coach on the field was yelling for someone to call 911 on a cellphone…
So, Was it a curse that I took the rosary instead of the cellphone, or was it some kind of blessing that I was able to pray for him right when he got hurt?

I’d say a blessing, it’s always smart to pray before seeking help & you were already in a prayerful mode & followed your heart.:bowdown: – sorry to hear @ your teammate:(

Great posts so far.

No question, a blessing!

Imagine all the what ifs you can ask yourself
what if he would have broken his neck…
what if he missed an accident on the way home…
what if he would have gotten a lousy arm-doctor sooner…
what if…
what if…

You made the right decision at your car. The world has a shortage of prayers, and a surplus of cell phones!!🙂

What??? It took ten minutes to find somebody with a cell phone? You gotta be kidding. Of course, the Rosary was the better option.

why would you assume the results of a conscious decision on your part constitute either a curse or a blessing in any case? do you honestly think that God uses minor actions and decisions of daily life to curse His people?

40.png
puzzleannie:
why would you assume the results of a conscious decision on your part constitute either a curse or a blessing in any case? do you honestly think that God uses minor actions and decisions of daily life to curse His people?
It’s a saying in this area…
You know… Was it a good thing that I was able to pray for him or a bad thing since I couldn’t call for 911 right away… Curse or blessing is just a “snazzy” way of saying it…

and MercyGate, then ended up using the school phone since no one had a cellphone with them

It always results in a blessing to make such a decision as prayer.
The circumstances had nothing to do with your choice.

Peace,

Dorothy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back