A gift for priests: St. John Vianney Novena

• Thread starter Thread starter gardenswithkids
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gardenswithkids

It’s nine days until the feastday of St. John Vianney, one of the patron saints of priests. His feastday is August 4th. Here’s a link to a wonderful novena on the EWTN website that begins today, July 28th. (I’ve prayed it at other times and found great blessings.) Please consider praying this novena for the priests you know, priests in general, and for vocations to the priesthood.
http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/Vianney.htm

Thanks, and Amen.

My intention: wisdom in my diocese about the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

I’d like to do this but I’m a little late. What do I do? Start now with one per day and finish 2 days late, or “catch up” with 3 today?

40.png
nobody:
I’d like to do this but I’m a little late. What do I do? Start now with one per day and finish 2 days late, or “catch up” with 3 today?
I have said this novena at times when it wasn’t even remotely close to St. John Vianney’s feastday and found great blessings. I think God accepts any prayers offered with good intentions, (especially somebody humble enough to take the name of nobody 😉 ), so either saying them now to “catch up” or finishing later both seems like reasonable choices. I don’t know if there’s any protocol for what to do with late starts when novenas are based around a specific feast day.

I understand the concept of a novena (nine days of prayer) comes from the book of Acts when the Apostles prayed nine days from the Assension of Jesus until the arrival of the Holy Spirit. Sorry if I caused confussion posting a novena that some may not see until we’re a few days into it. I just wanted to share with others some beautiful prayers for priests. So even if some of you read this late, please pray for priests even if it’s just for a moment. And if you want to do the full novena, better late than never.

Hey, don’t apologize: thank you very much for the link! I printed it out & will start it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back