M
Malachy23
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Your listing off scientific theories such as evolution, but you havnt made any argument as to why these are true.
Do honestly expect me to argue for the truth of the theory of evolution. If I say the world is round or that gravity keeps my on the ground do you expect me to present all the scientific evidence in favor of those theories. If you don’t believe in evolution you belong in a mental institute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Plenty of people are more than happy to believe God and evolution are both true, so you will need to prove why the two ideas are mutually exclusive.
Cognitive dissonance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
You accuse me of being illogical and irrational, while I have been the only one actually bringing up logic and using it properly.
“You” haven’t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
you hves made several statements that shows that you do not know how science works and that he does not know how logic works, and I have explained why, but instead of you rebutting and explaining why Im wrong, you instead just assert that I am being illogical.
I have explained why your/his/her (seriously stop plagiarising, especially plagiarising nonsense, as it just makes you look even stupider then you already are) use of logic was completely flawed. LOL. Spotless logically speaking? No, not even close I’m afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
The burden of proof is currently on you. you made several assertions at the beginning, many of which I have rebutted with arguments. you have not responded with a single piece of evidence or any argumentation, you are merely responding by calling everything I say absurd.
maybe you have reason for it which id like to hear.
You have the burden here. I have presented arguments, you have yet to respond, but have merely dubbed my arguments absurd.
I have no burden. Your claiming God exists. The burden of proof is on you to prove he does exist, until then you have no argument. You rebuttals have been gibberish and I don’t need to respond to them because I already stated what I needed to, including evidence, in my origional thread. Until you put a proper argument there is no need for me to reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
I have to say that many of your fellow atheists would be rather ashamed to see the way you are arguing. you are basically doing all the things that most atheists accuse theists of doing - making assertions without evidence and calling other viewpoints ridiculous.
As I said, I said what I needed to in my origional thread. If you disagree with it, provide evidence for why it is wrong. You haven’t done so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Most importantly, I have shown that your conception of the existence of the universe is the same as our conception of the existence of God.
It’s anything but. It’s the absolute opposite because you’re not taking into account the problem of improbability. Whatever caused the universe to come into existence will be a very simple, very easy to understand ocurance, ie, very probable. God happening into existence is beyond the realm of possibility and science has already shown that there is no evidence whatsoever that God exists, and the universe as a matter of fact did not come into existence through an intelligent designer and is exactly as it should be without God
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Your listing off scientific theories such as evolution, but you havnt made any argument as to why these are true.
Do honestly expect me to argue for the truth of the theory of evolution. If I say the world is round or that gravity keeps my on the ground do you expect me to present all the scientific evidence in favor of those theories. If you don’t believe in evolution you belong in a mental institute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Plenty of people are more than happy to believe God and evolution are both true, so you will need to prove why the two ideas are mutually exclusive.
Cognitive dissonance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
You accuse me of being illogical and irrational, while I have been the only one actually bringing up logic and using it properly.
“You” haven’t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
you hves made several statements that shows that you do not know how science works and that he does not know how logic works, and I have explained why, but instead of you rebutting and explaining why Im wrong, you instead just assert that I am being illogical.
I have explained why your/his/her (seriously stop plagiarising, especially plagiarising nonsense, as it just makes you look even stupider then you already are) use of logic was completely flawed. LOL. Spotless logically speaking? No, not even close I’m afraid.
- God is uncreated - A completely illogical starting point undermining your whole argument of logic to begin with. It doesn’t matter if the steps you follow are logical in relation to the previous statement if what you’re talking about is completely illogical. All you have shown how do to is make logical steps from one premise to the other, not that your premise is logical. Big difference. Observe:
- The Flying Spaghetti Monster is uncreated
- All Uncreated things do not require a creator
3)Therefore, The Flying Spaghetti Monster does not require a creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
The burden of proof is currently on you. you made several assertions at the beginning, many of which I have rebutted with arguments. you have not responded with a single piece of evidence or any argumentation, you are merely responding by calling everything I say absurd.
maybe you have reason for it which id like to hear.
You have the burden here. I have presented arguments, you have yet to respond, but have merely dubbed my arguments absurd.
I have no burden. Your claiming God exists. The burden of proof is on you to prove he does exist, until then you have no argument. You rebuttals have been gibberish and I don’t need to respond to them because I already stated what I needed to, including evidence, in my origional thread. Until you put a proper argument there is no need for me to reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
I have to say that many of your fellow atheists would be rather ashamed to see the way you are arguing. you are basically doing all the things that most atheists accuse theists of doing - making assertions without evidence and calling other viewpoints ridiculous.
As I said, I said what I needed to in my origional thread. If you disagree with it, provide evidence for why it is wrong. You haven’t done so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
Most importantly, I have shown that your conception of the existence of the universe is the same as our conception of the existence of God.
It’s anything but. It’s the absolute opposite because you’re not taking into account the problem of improbability. Whatever caused the universe to come into existence will be a very simple, very easy to understand ocurance, ie, very probable. God happening into existence is beyond the realm of possibility and science has already shown that there is no evidence whatsoever that God exists, and the universe as a matter of fact did not come into existence through an intelligent designer and is exactly as it should be without God