A Mormon said that us Catholics have crucifixes as we dont believe in the resurrection of Jesus? (Edited Title)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Qaletaqa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the empty cross is not a symbol of the resurrection, but the empty tomb is.
I think Protestants know it is the tomb, but it’s hard to put a tomb on top of your church spire or wear it around your neck… the empty cross it their reminder. And indeed, Christ’s crucifixion would mean nothing without the resurrection.

At any rate, that is the one reason Protestants do not depict Christ on the cross, as well as their misinterpretation of the first commandment regarding idols and statues.

I am a life long Protestant, confirmed to the Catholic Church in 2010 so I do speak with some authority of experience on Protestant beliefs.
 
I think Protestants know it is the tomb, but it’s hard to put a tomb on top of your church spire or wear it around your neck… the empty cross it their reminder. And indeed, Christ’s crucifixion would mean nothing without the resurrection.

At any rate, that is the one reason Protestants do not depict Christ on the cross, as well as their misinterpretation of the first commandment regarding idols and statues.

I am a life long Protestant, confirmed to the Catholic Church in 2010 so I do speak with some authority of experience on Protestant beliefs.
True, so therefore I find it odd that some, despite their knowledge that the empty tomb is the real indication of the resurrection, nevertheless use the Catholic crucifix to claim Catholics don’t believe in the resurrection. It almost seems willful. An exploitation of the ignorant.
 
Your friend needs to read her Bible more. The crucifix is there to see if you know what to look for.

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified.

None of the Galatians were at the foot of the cross on Good Friday. So how could they have seen Christ publicly portrayed as crucified??? It’s because they had a crucifix!

Ask her if she ever noticed this passage before.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top