A priest said the investiture for scapulars was not necessary

• Thread starter Thread starter Genesis315
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Genesis315

I got myself a scapular and when I went to the priest to have it blessed. I gave him the little pamphlet that came with it that contained the special blessing and investiture. He looked at it and then proceeded to just give a general blessing. I told him I though he needed to do the blessing in the pamphlet and he said that wasn’t necessary. I’m going to another priest tomorrow.

Anyway, my question is if this other priest won’t do it, is it necessary for me to get the special investiture or does it not matter?

I don’t thinkt hat all scapular require an official investiture, but I am pretty sure the brown ones do. However, is the specific prayer written in the pamphlet required, or is the belssing a guideline?

I have the blue as well. Yes, the priest should do the investiture in the book because you normally have it invested by a Marian and if not, they grant permission to a priest to do it under the assumption that he will do it as asked.

There is an investiture for the Brown that I think is in many prayer books. Any priest is permitted to do it.

Scott

I have the blue as well. Yes, the priest should do the investiture in the book because you normally have it invested by a Marian and if not, they grant permission to a priest to do it under the assumption that he will do it as asked.

There is an investiture for the Brown that I think is in many prayer books. Any priest is permitted to do it.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back