A question about the Divine Mercy Chaplet

• Thread starter Thread starter SummerMarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SummerMarie

Hi, all. I recently found out about the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I want to start praying it, but I’m not sure if I understand part of it. Specfically, there’s a part that goes “Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.”

My question:
In the part I’ve italicized, how can we (ordinary people) offer God the Father His Son’s Body and Blood? It doesn’t seem like it’s ours to give.

If anyone can help me understand this, I’d really appreciate it. I tried searching online but wasn’t able to find anything.

Thanks very much,
Summer Marie

It basically means… we “offer for your consideration” to take into account the sufferings (PASSION) of Jesus before chastising us…and to excercise MERCY before JUSTICE.

Hope that helps. 🙂

From what I understand Sister Faustina received these prayers in a vision. A punishment was about to come to a city and Sister recited these prayers and the angel was unable to mete out the punishment. The prayer asks God to look upon the earth and its sinfulness through the wounds of Jesus. When looked out through the wounds and sufferings of His son, mercy is granted.

SummerMarie said:
“Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.”

My question:
In the part I’ve italicized, how can we (ordinary people) offer God the Father His Son’s Body and Blood? It doesn’t seem like it’s ours to give.

We also do this in every mass we participate in, in which we offer Jesus who gives Himself to us for this purpose, to the Father in attonement for all sin.

We are uniting ourselves with Jesus’ act of love and self-sacrifice when we offer Jesus to the Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back