T
Tim2328
Guest
Hello, I am in need of a name. I am giving a talk at a retreat for high school students and I want to tell the story about a Saint I once heard about in a homily.
He was a Christian (a hermit I think) living in Rome during the times of the Colosseum games. He went to a game and was so horrified at what he saw that he ran out and threw himself in front of a man that was going to be killed. He was martyred and the crowd was so moved by it that they never held a deadly Colosseum game again.
Does anyone know his name? I would be most grateful.
Thanks,
-Tim
He was a Christian (a hermit I think) living in Rome during the times of the Colosseum games. He went to a game and was so horrified at what he saw that he ran out and threw himself in front of a man that was going to be killed. He was martyred and the crowd was so moved by it that they never held a deadly Colosseum game again.
Does anyone know his name? I would be most grateful.
Thanks,
-Tim