A Rosary Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Mamamull
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mamamull

Hi,
Our son wanted to wear his Rosary. Being a convert, I knew it was wrong to wear it, but why it is wrong, I didn’t know.

I told him that the Rosary is a circle like a necklace so that we start and end with the crucifix and our Savior who suffered and died for our sins.

(The “Mull” is part of our Irish last name Mullarkey-- I think I slung a bit of it with that explanation – although it is just my inspired answer.)

So, folks why is it that one shouldn’t wear one’s Rosary?

Hi,

I do not think there is a rule that states that one must not wear the rosary around their necks, I have always worn a rosary around my neck since I was a child but unlike the ‘pop stars’ of today I pray the rosary, it is not a fashion statement or trend setting.

I have never had any negative feedback from any of the Priests that I work for when they see the rosary around my neck.

If your son wants to wear the rosary around his neck make sure he is doing it out of devotion and not to be like the kid next door.

Yours in the Spirit

Pious

In and of itself, wearing a Rosary is NOT wrong.

If worn as a necklace-a fashion accessory, then THAT IS WRONG.

But when worn to remind yourself to pray the Rosary and just to have that most wonderful Devotional close to your heart, GREAT.

I have broken Rosaries keeping them in my pocket, worn around the neck, UNDER my shirt, it is always handy for prayer.

Let him wear it, just make sure its for the right reason. 👍

It is not wrong to wear the rosary. In one of her apparations [sp], the Blessed Virgin Mary said that we should pray the rosary often and even wear it around our necks.

Sir Knight:
It is not wrong to wear the rosary. In one of her apparations [sp], the Blessed Virgin Mary said that we should pray the rosary often and even wear it around our necks.
Madonna (the bad one) wore rosaries for the longest time and I didn’t like it. If Madonna (the Good One) says we should, I say 👍 !

Thanks – he is not quite 5 yrs old and I don’t think it is a fashion statement – more of a toy. Although when he has a tantrum, I do pin him to the floor and say a a set of mysteries from the Rosary. I may not have his attention the whole time, but he knows that I will pray my meditations aloud and he has learned some from it.

BTW, he has been with us for just two months since we are a fostering to adopt him. He came with lots of baggage and no faith. He is getting the faith at least and we are working on the baggage with a therapist, Our Lady and our time before the Blessed Sacrament.

Thanks again.

It’d be ok to wear as a sign of dedication, just like wearing a scapular. I personally have it in my pocket while I wear a scapular around the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back