V
vash88
Guest
My birthday is tomorrow, and some people have given me early birthday presents. One of those presents was a book from my dad. But it got me wondering if it was sinful. It’s a book about famous/infamous (whatever word you wanna use) gunslingers of the 1800s.
For the past several years I’ve gotten into westerns, and, stemming from that, I’ve become somewhat interested in history. Naturally when think of westerns and history, you think of outlaws. So in that sense it’s a fitting gift for me. But it makes me wonder if my interest in history and westerns have gone “too far”. While I haven’t read the book, I’ve looked at the cover and skimmed through it and it SEEMS like the author thinks somewhat glowingly of these people (the “tagline” of the book is even “a chronicle of dangerous men and violent death”) so it seems like the book focuses a lot on murders.
So yeah, I guess what I’m wondering is, is it a sin to appreciate this book from a “student-of-history” perspective?
For the past several years I’ve gotten into westerns, and, stemming from that, I’ve become somewhat interested in history. Naturally when think of westerns and history, you think of outlaws. So in that sense it’s a fitting gift for me. But it makes me wonder if my interest in history and westerns have gone “too far”. While I haven’t read the book, I’ve looked at the cover and skimmed through it and it SEEMS like the author thinks somewhat glowingly of these people (the “tagline” of the book is even “a chronicle of dangerous men and violent death”) so it seems like the book focuses a lot on murders.
So yeah, I guess what I’m wondering is, is it a sin to appreciate this book from a “student-of-history” perspective?
Last edited: