A strange experience

• Thread starter Thread starter kev7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kev7

Last night I basically broke down over a few things in my life. I prayed about them and I tried my best to listen.

After praying I started to imagine how I would react and feel if I was a person looking at Jesus 2000 years ago. (Yes, I have an over active imagination)

Anyway, I tried my best to picture him in my mind, and when I did I discovered that he was at a safe distance away from me. In my mind, he was, 20 to 30 yards away on the other side of a clearing. I guess that summed up how I felt; not sure how he would react to me or if it would even be right for me to move closer.

I tried harder to picture him in my mind a bit more and I continued to gage how I felt inside. When I asked myself how I would feel if I just left the area, I realized that I could not just leave. If I had been there 2000 years ago I would of stayed.

Then I thought about how I would feel if he started to walk away and from me. I tried to imagine Jesus walking away from the clearing and looking back at me once and a while. Well, it was then that I realized that I would of followed him. It was clear to me that there would have been no other course of action. I felt as if I would be just pulled with him. It was then that I realized how easy it actually is to follow Jesus. There is no effort at all. It also became clear to me that even if I was a sinner or confused about my life I could follow him. I would walk in his direction without thinking because it was perfectly natural.

(I was half asleep at this point)

Then I tried to imagine what it would be like to walk with Jesus. I pictured myself walking down a path with sandals on, looking at the ground and trying to listen to what Jesus had to say. After searching my heart for answers as to what kind of things he would say to me. I asked him what I must do with my life? At that time for some reason, I knew that his reply was “ Just walk with me”.

Then I felt a sense of relief like had never felt before come over me. But before I could give it anymore thought, Jesus left and quickly went off in the distance. At that time it felt as if I didn’t need to follow him anymore. I started to get very confused as to why I felt this way. I couldn’t understand it. Why would he not want me to follow him? Why does it no longer feel right to follow him?

It wasn’t long and the reason for this hit me. I imagined looking off into the distance at a hill and all of a sudden I was blasted with an extreme and intense presence. It was so powerful that it overcame me completely. I could feel with my soul the love of Christ. It was a healing presence that was totally perfect and absolutely powerful. The more I felt this the more it made me very happy inside. This feeling was so intense for me that it also made me cry. I have never experienced anything like that before. Maybe it was because I was tired I don’t know. Regardless, it made me realize many things about Christ.

This experience made me realize how little Christ is asking of me. If I had been there 2000 years ago he would only of asked me to walk beside him for a short bit. That is all that he asked of me.

Anyone who has not tried to feel the love of Christ and the sheer power of the resurrection doesn’t know what they are missing. I am telling you that you can experience it in this world. Just try really hard to imagine and feel the absolute victory of Christ with your soul. Do what ever it takes in your life to experience this. This is the kind of experience that is life changing. There are not words enough for me to describe it. It is a pure emotion and power that is wholly good and all-powerful.

This experience made me realize that the death and resurrection of Christ is like a beacon that we can all open our hearts towards. I have realized that there is no hard burden for us to carry as followers of Christ. He loves you too much to make you do such a thing. He only wants to you look upon him with your soul and feel his love for you. Even if you are a sinner, all you need to do is ask yourself if you would walk with him for a few minutes. There is nothing to feel bad about. There is only the love and power of Christ. This love is always radiating in your direction at all times and is always will. No amount of sin can ever stop it. You only need ask yourself what that one thing that you can do for him is. You only have to read the Gospels to know that the people he saved did very little for him. There is therefore no need to burden your heart with a heavy load of guilt. If Jesus was to meet you your encounter with him (the one that would change your life) would be very short but perfect, you would saved not on how many times you cleaned his feet but on how much you believe in him.

It is true when Mother Teresa said something to the effect of “You have to look upon Jesus with the eyes of your soul.”

your imagination is not overactive, it is working perfectly, you have demonstrated the value and power of the type of meditation advocated by St Ignatius, of imagining yourself with Jesus, or inside one of the scenes of the Gospels. and indeed looking at Jesus with the eyes of the soul, this is a keeper, with you permission I will re-tell your story to others.

Dear friend

Beautiful Kev.

Keep doing just what you are doing. Thank you for posting this, it is beautiful, very inspiring and I hope others are inspired by it, as I was.

We do have to do something though, we do have to pick up our cross to follow Him.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

One form of meditation is to pick an encounter with God or a saint and imagine openingly at it. God can use our imagination and inspire it in certain directions.

Note also that the evil one can as well, so we must always discern whether it is in accord with God’s will or not.

Beautiful - thank you so much for sharing that!

Elizabeth

Kev7,

Thanks for sharing this story. Only on a couple of occasions have I had a similar intensity in my prayer and how I wish it were like that every time! Usually it is when I am in deep dispair and feeling very alone. Isn’t it awesome how God gives us exactly what we need right when we need it ?!

God bless you and once again thank you so much for sharing this experience. God is using you and your wittness extends further than you could ever imagine. You’ll only know the fully extent in the fullness of time. Praise Him! :gopray:

thank you for sharing that! such a beautiful witness!

What a wonderful example of meditative prayer Kev. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friend

Beautiful Kev.

Keep doing just what you are doing. Thank you for posting this, it is beautiful, very inspiring and I hope others are inspired by it, as I was.

We do have to do something though, we do have to pick up our cross to follow Him.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa
I think that christ has already picked up the cross for us.
Christ sets us all free from such notions of pain and suffering. That is his victory. He has already won the battle for us. If you want his love all you need do is walk with him for a bit and open your heart.

His burden is light and is yoke is lose. Christ would never put a heavy cross of nails and blood over your shoulder. All he would want you to do is walk with him and keep him company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back