A Taste of Heaven on Earth?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mt19_26
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mt19_26

Last night on EWTN I was listening to Fr. Corapi talk. During part of the talk he spoke of how, for a few years, he was sleeping on the other side of the wall from the tabernacle. His head was literally a foot from Christ. I am not sure where he was when this was happening since I caught the show in progress. He went on to say he had an amazing feeling of grace and happiness during those two years that he could not explain. Once he left where he was and was no longer to sleep so close to our Lord he said that feeling was taken away from him. Could be a taste of what heaven could be like? He seemed so “lost for words” when we was trying to explain what it felt like those two years.

I had that experience in the retreat house in Cleveland I used to visit each year, after the first year when I happened to be assigned the room closest to the reservation chapel. I always asked for that room on subsequent visits, and I can’t explain it, but I know exactly what Fr. means.

I saw that episode on EWTN. I love Fr. Corapi - he is so gifted. It is so hard to believe what life he led prior to his conversion. His mother prayed for him and when he was a homeless drug addict his mother gave him a Holy Card with the Hail Mary and asked him to just say one Hail Mary a day since nothing else worked for him. He did that and look at where he is today. Totally inspiring. MaryAnn

Dear friend

‘Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand’

The Kingdom of Heaven is here on earth, begins here on earth and if you want to find where the Kingdom of Heaven begins on earth, go into any Catholic Church and look for the Light (and nowadays you may have to look!) and there by the Light you will find the Kingdom of Heaven, Christ Jesus in His Most Blessed Sacrament and He indwells those who receive Him by His grace and thus the Kingdom of Heaven resides in men. The life, the truth and the way. This life, truth and way that is Christ Jesus is found in all those who are drawn to Him by the Father, leading ultimately to the Eucharist, even if they never taste of it in this life, they partake of it by the very nature of the Cross.

Similarly, hell is also upon earth, look for anything that is contrary to the Light, look any place where the Light is not to be found and you will find darkness. Where is this darkness found? It is found in everything that is contrary to Christ Jesus, everything that is contrary to the Cross, ultimately then everything that is contrary to the Eucharistic life either in spirit or in truth. Understand that the Spirit works outside of the Catholic faith and so does a measure of truth.

But if you wish to find heaven on earth, go to the Blessed Sacrament.

Heaven and hell begin here and it is a choice we make here that lasts for all eternity.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Dear friends

It is in the every day things that the Kingdom of Heaven is found in how we impart Christ Jesus to each other, this is the life of the Blessed Sacrament, this is the Eucharistic life.

God Bless you and much love anfd peace to you

Teresa

This is a slightly different experience of the Eucharist but I believe an example of The Kingdom of Heaven on Earth… here goes:

This year at the Feast of Corpus Christi, (Body of Christ), Our Parish Priest concluded the Sunday Evening Mass with Exposition followed by Benediction. I was just feeling okay, not happy nor sad, just okay. The Priest was preparing for Exposition and had his back to the congregation, restricting view of the Eucharist with his body as he was setting up. As soon as he moved slightly and I could see the Eucharist, my heart was filled with the most abundant love for the Eucharistic Jesus. I was very much aware that although this love was coming from me, its source was from the Holy Spirit. What I was experiencing was distinct and seperate from feeling the love of God, I was actually sending love back to him though the source of the love was also from him. I found in my heart words of praise and love for Him and I just could not stop until after he returned to the Tabinacle. I have not experienced this since, I may never again. It was the most wonderful gift I received from God, to truely love him and not wanting to stop praising Him. let me stress, I am no saint and this capability and expression of love came from Him, not me.

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back