? about entrusting children to Sacred Heart

  • Thread starter Thread starter Veronica97
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Veronica97

Guest
I heard a priest on EWTN say that if our grown children have fallen away, we should say everyday, “Sacred Heart of Jesus, I entrust ____ to thee” and He will take care of it. Well, I have started saying that for my 19-year-old son, but now I am wondering…can I say this for my two grown stepchildren (ages 31 and 32) as well? What about my step-daughter in-law? I’m just asking b/c I don’t know if they are “mine” to entrust. But their mother is no longer a practicing Catholic (or practicing anything), and I doubt if she is praying for their salvation. They are all baptized Catholics but none go to Mass (one goes sporadically). I think I know what the answer is, but I just thought I’d throw this out there for opinions.
 
WEll, here’s my thoughyts; loook at the commandment to obey our mother and father. Of course that has a literal sense, but in expansion, it’s also a commandment to love and honor our stepparents, our counselors and teachers, etc, especially while we’re young. It incorporates so much more than it’s literal basic meaning. Additionally, it’s fine to pray to a saint for a certain petition, even if they are not really affiliated with such a thing.

Food for thought!
 
I can’t imagine it would be a problem to entrust the kid of some neighbor or a complete stranger to our Lord. It is not a “legaly binding” prayer. All children (and adults) are children of God, and He has custodial rights to us all 🙂

Just my opinion… I could be wrong…

Mike
 
I can’t imagine it would be a problem to entrust the kid of some neighbor or a complete stranger to our Lord. It is not a “legaly binding” prayer. All children (and adults) are children of God, and He has custodial rights to us all 🙂

Just my opinion… I could be wrong…

Mike
If you’re wrong, then I’m wrong, too. And I doubt that I’m wrong. 😛

In all seriousness, though, I cannot imagine God having a problem with such a prayer. I think it would be a wonderful way to pray for your step-children(-in-laws).
 
It’s a beautiful prayer. I think you could pray it for anyone. Just like you would pray for God to watch over someone.
 
Thank you all. 🙂 Every night I pray, “Sacred Heart of Jesus, I entrust to Thee: Son, SD, SS, DIL…bring them home to your Church.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top