ACHOOO! "May the Force be with You!"

• Thread starter Thread starter Quaere_Verum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quaere_Verum

There’s a teacher in our area that will send the 6th grade students to the office if they say, “God Bless You!” to anyone if they sneeze. How ridiculous is that? What does he expect them to say? It’s not like they’re saying, “Believe or be D***ed!”

Any comments? Any clever alternate responses for a sneeze?

A sneeze response:
“May you be well.”

Yes, most certainly admit that these 'PC" persons are doing ANYTHING they can and want to put GOD out of public life.
Now that give us ALL another reason to say: “God Bless You” even LOUDER and MORE frequent!

P.S. Comical Response:
ACHOOO!
“Do you want fries with that?” :rolleyes:

My argumentative report for my midterm in English is about this topic exactly: religious persecution in schools. This whole “church and state” thing is a bunch of baloney, it was never a part of the Constitution at all. It was actually inferred later by people acting out against the Catholic Church and their school systems, believe it or not. The abolishment of public religion was exactly the opposite of what our forefathers intended the Constitution to enforce. On the contrary, the amendment was written to ensure that the government could never in fact establish one national religion. They wanted to protect the rights of every individual religion to keep from becoming like England. Now this secular movement is having exactly the opposite effect. Isn’t athiesm a religion? And aren’t we establishing athiesm as our nation’s religion by outlawing God in schools, in the workplace, in the courts, in everywhere He used to be freely loved and adored?

There is nothing that makes me more upset than when I hear the phrase “Church and State”. We’re letting them destroy our freedom to practice our own religion, we’re letting them rip away our Constitution rights, and we’re letting them desecrate the name of our Lord. When will it stop?

Wow, so this whole business could get tricky.

You can’t say “God Bless You!” in response to a sneeze?
Would just “Bless You” be acceptable?
Is it just God that is prohibited, or blessings in general?
Perhaps, in response to a sneeze, one could say “Buenas Dias!” wich means ‘good morning’ or ‘good day’ but sounds suspiciously like it has something to do with God.

(If ‘God bless you’ isn’t permitted, then I’m guessing that ‘Allahu Akbar’ wouldn’t fly, either. But it might be worth a try, just to establish a precedent.)

That is crazy!! God bless you can be just a natural response. Even those with no faith may say that out of habit.

40.png
JimG:
Wow, so this whole business could get tricky.

You can’t say “God Bless You!” in response to a sneeze?
Would just “Bless You” be acceptable?
Is it just God that is prohibited, or blessings in general?
Perhaps, in response to a sneeze, one could say “Buenas Dias!” wich means ‘good morning’ or ‘good day’ but sounds suspiciously like it has something to do with God.

(If ‘God bless you’ isn’t permitted, then I’m guessing that ‘Allahu Akbar’ wouldn’t fly, either. But it might be worth a try, just to establish a precedent.)
I would think** “Bless You” ** , could be used. But this whole censorship thing, is over the top. 😦

40.png
CheesusPowerKid:
My argumentative report for my midterm in English is about this topic exactly: religious persecution in schools. This whole “church and state” thing is a bunch of baloney, it was never a part of the Constitution at all. It was actually inferred later by people acting out against the Catholic Church and their school systems, believe it or not. The abolishment of public religion was exactly the opposite of what our forefathers intended the Constitution to enforce. On the contrary, the amendment was written to ensure that the government could never in fact establish one national religion. They wanted to protect the rights of every individual religion to keep from becoming like England. Now this secular movement is having exactly the opposite effect. Isn’t athiesm a religion? And aren’t we establishing athiesm as our nation’s religion by outlawing God in schools, in the workplace, in the courts, in everywhere He used to be freely loved and adored?

There is nothing that makes me more upset than when I hear the phrase “Church and State”. We’re letting them destroy our freedom to practice our own religion, we’re letting them rip away our Constitution rights, and we’re letting them desecrate the name of our Lord. When will it stop?
Good for you CheesusPowerKid. Perfect that report and submit it to some periodical for all to see. Good Luck!

Quaere Verum:
I think everyone else should applaud every time someone sneezes. :clapping: That would annoy the teacher. Maybe he’s not too thick to get the point.

Quaere Verum:
There’s a teacher in our area that will send the 6th grade students to the office if they say, “God Bless You!” to anyone if they sneeze…Any comments?
Does the principal know why the student is being sent to the office? Are other responces to sneezes okay—I mean is the teacher banning the word “God” or enforcing total silence in the classroom? If this is a ban on mention of the word “God” in the classroom, I honestly think this teacher should be disciplined by the principal, and if the principal won’t do anything, the school board should.

On the other hand, if the teacher asks for silence during a test and lots of sneezing and talking takes place, maybe the teacher only objects to all noise. I’d like to give the teacher the benefit of the doubt, but this is definately odd, and I think the principal should address the problem.

Reminds me of a graduation story from several years back…the speakers were forbidden to mention god in their speeches. I guess the graduating seniors thought this was stupid and planned a protest of sorts. At some point the student givng the speach pretended to sneeze and the antire graduating class responded with, “GOD BLESS YOU!”

I personally think the teacher is a few puppies short of a pound if he thinks that forbidding a simple kindness is going to stamp out religion in schools. He sounds like a bit of a control freak; those kids are in for a fun year. :rolleyes:

40.png
Edwin1961:
A sneeze response:
“May you be well.”

Yes, most certainly admit that these 'PC" persons are doing ANYTHING they can and want to put GOD out of public life.
Now that give us ALL another reason to say: “God Bless You” even LOUDER and MORE frequent!

P.S. Comical Response:
ACHOOO!
“Do you want fries with that?” :rolleyes:
How about

ACHOOO!
“Super Size It!”

Maybe he’d be O.K. with that one. Watch out! Hold down your papers they’re gonna super size it.

JimG said:

Yarhamak Allah (to a boy)
Yarhamik Allah (to a girl)

DaveBj

Quaere Verum:
There’s a teacher in our area that will send the 6th grade students to the office if they say, “God Bless You!” to anyone if they sneeze. How ridiculous is that? What does he expect them to say? It’s not like they’re saying, “Believe or be D***ed!”

What happens when they get sent to the office? Maybe they should all say it together so they all get sent to the office at once. What would happen then? Especially if they lept doing it until the teacher got sick & tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back