Adam Kadmon and Jesus?

• Thread starter Thread starter YHWH_Christ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YHWH_Christ

I’ve noticed in Jewish Kabbalah there is the idea of an Adam Kadmon/Adam Elyon (literally: Primordial Man/Supreme Man). This is the heavenly Adam, the Logos, the ultimate archetype who embodies all ten sefirot and whose image is contained in all mankind, who breathed life into Adam Ha-Rishon and gave him his essence from himself. I see a lot of parallels with Jesus. As the New Testament tells us, Jesus is the heavenly Adam/new Adam and the Logos, a perfect image of God the Father; he is the ultimate archetype and he can be said to represent all of mankind which is especially evident in his death and resurrection where he reversed the damaging effects of the fall of the original Adam.

Thoughts on this? Obviously this is just a summary and the theological/psychological depth is much deeper in both traditions (which continue to parallel each other). Adam theology does go back a long way in Judaism and no doubt this mystical tradition influenced the early Church to a great extent.

Last edited:
One picture of Adam Kadmon shows the four Hebrew letters of the Sacred Tetragrammaton, YHWH, placed vertically to form the figure of the primordial man, the prototype imagined by God:

י Y
ה H
ו W
ה H

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
It’s not really secret . It’s in learning and understanding the language of the Old Testament and the cultural contexts. Bear in mind you might interpret that to be a man but others something different

Last edited:
Well its not like these things are evident at first glance. Exegesis is needed and for the past 2000 years we’ve been doing just that. It may be a standard part of Christian theology but it had to be discovered or revealed. Jesus had to teach the disciples all the secret meanings in the Torah after his resurrection. Everything in the Hebrew Bible upon close examination is a foreshadow to Jesus. The Old Testament must be read in light of the person of Jesus Christ who embodies it all.

Last edited:
Well its not like these things are evident at first glance. Exegesis is needed and for the past 2000 years we’ve been doing just that. It may be a standard part of Christian theology but it had to be discovered or revealed. Jesus had to teach the disciples all the secret meanings in the Torah after his resurrection. Everything in the Hebrew Bible upon close examination is a foreshadow to Jesus. The Old Testament must be read in light of the person of Jesus Christ who embodies it all.
What do you mean when saying Jesus had to teach secret Torah meanings?

I am a student of Ancient languages and the Old Testament and its Times.
There are many things in Exegesis that translations have not conveyed.

it’s my understanding that adam kadmon is an angel which still makes him a created being when Jesus is eternal

Well that’s why I’m not Jewish. Their theology is incomplete.

Luke 24:25-27, Luke 24:44-46, John 20:8-9
Could you put it in words, Where in any of that is Jesus teaching secret Torah meanings?
The Old Testament, amongst its purposes, did two things, prepared the Old Testament peoples for the Incarnation, and prepares us still for Jesus, and gives us what we need for our salvation, nothing more.
Well that’s why I’m not Jewish. Their theology is incomplete.

Last edited:
I think the verses are pretty clear on that. You can read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back