Adoration and Benediction

• Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buzzcut

As a neophyte (Catholic only since Easter 05) I want to know . . . who can tell me what to expect at the Adoration and Benediction from 11 p.m. - 12 midnight tonight December 31?

Expect to meet THE LIVING CHRIST! He is waiting for you, to meet your deepest need. A need we all have, those needs in Faith, in Hope or for Love.

Blessings

Brother John

The Body of Christ will be exposed in a beautiful throne, called a monstrance. People will come in silent prayer to adore the Real Presence of Jesus Christ present in the Eucharist. Usually near the end of adoration, a priest or deacon may come forward to lead prayers of adoration, Divine Praises…a series of titles of the Holy Eucharist which the congregation will repeat,and or songs will be sung, frequently they may be heard in Latin, and then the priest/deacon will elevate the Eucharist in the monstrance wearing a beautiful humeral veil which covers his hands as he elevates the Body of Christ and will bless us. If Acolytes or servers are present, bells will be rung and occasional incense is used in blessing the Eucharist as well. It is a very solemn occasion filled with rich tradition. Many parishes have regular adoration hours, or perpetual adoration chapels where people come to pray for one hour before the Holy Eucharist. It is well worth the trip!

And no better way I can think of beginning the New Year!
May yours be healthy and holy!

You’re right. It was a beautiful way to see the New Year in, and quite a lot of people there too. Thank you and a happy new year to you both! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back