Adoration and Daily mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter limabeanerson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

limabeanerson

Guest
For Lent I decided one thing I would do was to at least once per week go to Eucharistic Adoration and Daily Mass also at least once per week. I’ve never done Adoration and the only time I’ve done a weekday mass was when I was in grade school and when I went with my children do their 'school mass" (they go to Catholic School). So anyway here is my “review” of my experience.

I was not really sure what to expect. Well, on Friday I went first to Adoration, was planning on an hour but had a bit of trouble getting in and running a little late and had to call for the pass code to the door so it ended up being more like 40 minutes. Wow, What a great experience.

I did not have any crazy feeling of Joy or being touched by God like I’ve read other people talk about after going to Adoration. I just had more of a feeling of Contentedness and peace. Almost a physical warmth. I did not bring any prepared prayers or readings, I just kind of went in and let God lead me. I’m confident I’ll be doing this long past lent! If anyone has ever thought about going, I highly recommend it!

After Adoration I went to Mass. I was expecting it to be like 5 people all over 100 years old and boring. Well, there were around 100 people there. Many old, a fair amount younger than me (I’m 30). The thing that touched me most though was the reverence through out the Mass. Clearly nobody was there out of some misguided requirement like there often is on Sunday. Now, this was also the first time I went to any Mass at this Church (the Daily mass at this one fits my schedule better than at my normal location) so maybe this Parish has a more reverent feel all the time, I don’t know. I’ll also suggest everyone go do a weekday Mass, its great!

Anyway, there’s my review! Once again God has surprised me. Events that I thought I would not enjoy since they don’t seem to be something I would like turn out to be overwhelmingly positive experiences.
 
Hmm… If it was that enjoyable, perhaps you’d better give it up for Lent? (only kidding!)
 
For Lent I decided one thing I would do was to at least once per week go to Eucharistic Adoration and Daily Mass also at least once per week. I’ve never done Adoration and the only time I’ve done a weekday mass was when I was in grade school and when I went with my children do their 'school mass" (they go to Catholic School). So anyway here is my “review” of my experience.

I was not really sure what to expect. Well, on Friday I went first to Adoration, was planning on an hour but had a bit of trouble getting in and running a little late and had to call for the pass code to the door so it ended up being more like 40 minutes. Wow, What a great experience.

I did not have any crazy feeling of Joy or being touched by God like I’ve read other people talk about after going to Adoration. I just had more of a feeling of Contentedness and peace. Almost a physical warmth. I did not bring any prepared prayers or readings, I just kind of went in and let God lead me. I’m confident I’ll be doing this long past lent! If anyone has ever thought about going, I highly recommend it!👍

After Adoration I went to Mass. I was expecting it to be like 5 people all over 100 years old and boring. Well, there were around 100 people there. Many old, a fair amount younger than me (I’m 30). The thing that touched me most though was the reverence through out the Mass. Clearly nobody was there out of some misguided requirement like there often is on Sunday. Now, this was also the first time I went to any Mass at this Church (the Daily mass at this one fits my schedule better than at my normal location) so maybe this Parish has a more reverent feel all the time, I don’t know. I’ll also suggest everyone go do a weekday Mass, its great!

Anyway, there’s my review! Once again God has surprised me. Events that I thought I would not enjoy since they don’t seem to be something I would like turn out to be overwhelmingly positive experiences.
👍😃
 
You’ve discovered two of my favorite treasures!

Don’t you love it when God surprises you?

I am so not a morning person, but I started going to Mass at 6:30 am 3 mornings a week during lent about 5 or 6 years ago. It just grabbed me. Lent came and went, I was still waking up at the crack of dawn and going. When my work schedule changed and I could make it 5 days a week, I was thrilled about that.

Adoration is something that I have worked into little by little. Sometimes I will go to the Adoration Chapel and stay for an hour or so.

More recently, though, I go to Mass at 6:30. Go back home, and pick up my son. Drop him off at school for 7:30, then go to a different church near my work. Their Mass is at 7:15, so by the time I get there, the people are leaving, and I have 15 or 20 minutes of time to spend in the peaceful presence of God. Can’t beat it!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top