G
GCCatholic
Guest
I am 27 years old and my mom has pressured me into entering business deals with her that have left me without a car and 40k in debt. This has been going on for years and business doesn’t seem to be getting better.
I got a new job opportunity and she acts like she is okay with it but then says things like “it was nice knowing you” and “maybe the business will do a lot better without you”. Then she called me up and cussed me out for not wanting to work for her at the last minute.
She is not always like this, she can be really nice to me when I do what she wants me to do. Certain times though if I upset her she will cuss me out, hit, or kick me.
She also gave me a lot of grief about going away for college and I came back right away because I felt so guilty. She said her life would fall apart without me and her life was so much better when I was born.
She goes to mass and confession regularly and prays the rosary every day.
I don’t know what to do. I am extremely uncomfortable with the amount of debt I have considering I have been working my tail off.
I got a new job opportunity and she acts like she is okay with it but then says things like “it was nice knowing you” and “maybe the business will do a lot better without you”. Then she called me up and cussed me out for not wanting to work for her at the last minute.
She is not always like this, she can be really nice to me when I do what she wants me to do. Certain times though if I upset her she will cuss me out, hit, or kick me.
She also gave me a lot of grief about going away for college and I came back right away because I felt so guilty. She said her life would fall apart without me and her life was so much better when I was born.
She goes to mass and confession regularly and prays the rosary every day.
I don’t know what to do. I am extremely uncomfortable with the amount of debt I have considering I have been working my tail off.