My dear sad friend, you may be experiencing some depression if you have deep inner sadness and lethargy. It something I’m very familiar with having experienced in in my husband and doing research, but as we con’t advise medically on this forum, I hope that you will explore that avenue yourself.
Depression or melancholy does tend to marry to some extent with the dark night. There could be elements of both in your life.
I hadn’t spoken of it in the forums because till now it hasn’t been helpful to others to do so, but until recently Iwas suffering some dark night myself. It didn’t show because I was working to respond to and do all that was needful anyway…but I now have great joy and freedom and a new beginning. Since 2004 it’s been hard for me. It managed it differently to some earlier dark times because of the struggles I won in earlier times…I kept going to daily Mass, kept praying, kept being loving to others and praying for them.
I only tell you this to give you hope…that darkness will pass if you remain faithful and continue to do the best you can manage. Note I say, ‘the best you can manage’, not the best you can do.
May I suggest that you look into what is making you sad and disappointed and without drive. Please seek help if needed, but p;ease seek to address sensibly whatever is causing you sadness. You are human and there are human causes to many of our problems.
I will pray for you that you can find wisdom and healing and the you will come to a place where the sky is blue and full of sunshine and your heart dances in prayer and joy again.
God bless you…Trishie
A big hug from me your loving sister in Jesus!