Z
zz912
Guest
Reeeeeeellllllaaaaaaaaxxxxx.All morning, I have been trying to recollect the pastor’s exact words (Southern Baptist) when I was baptized nearly 20 years ago. At first I felt confident that it was in the name of the Trinity, but now I’m not sure exactly what the wording was and it may have been only in the name of Jesus
DH can’t recall either and May or may not be able to get a certificate of baptism
Guess we’ll have to sort that out with a priest if the time comes.
Speak to yor pastor at the parish and explain the situation. If you decide to enter RCIA (and I hope you do!), you will have some time to try and obtain the proper certificates. If you can’t, or there is some uncertainty about the baptismal formula used, the priest will perform a conditional baptism. So if there was a problem, you will be baptized in the Church. If you were properly baptized previously, then that baptism is valid and stands, so no harm/no foul.
In fact, Jimmy Akin, well known and great Catholic apologist had a conditional baptism when he converted as well.