Advise is greatly appreciated...your prayers too please! Thank you!

  • Thread starter Thread starter iluvmybabies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi iluvmybabies I have only just come across this thread.I am so very sorry for you and your kids suffering!!!
You are such a good mother and person!
What a very difficult position to be in.You are in my prayers.
My advice might be controversial…How about reverse psychology and try to ‘befriend’
mommyK.I mean speak to each other (business-like polite) and try to connect a relationship you can both work with as regards the children (at this moment your daughter only,but it could one day be the boys too).
Perhaps give her a call one day and say something like.‘I thought it would be a good idea for us to have a chat and get to know each other and so there are no misunderstandings’.
Or ‘we may have gotten off on the wrong foot and I thought it would be good for us to have a nice chat to sort things between ourselves’.
I don’t know, something along those lines. Mind you with the court case coming up probably best to wait a while afgter the outcome.
You don’t have to take my advice its just a thought though! You may never be proper friends but it may help you all in the long run for all concerned.Your children will see there is no animosity or feel they can divide you.When I say you I mean you & your kids with ex husband & wife & her kids!,hope this makes sense!!!
Whatever happens I wish you well you are lovely.A prayer for you

SERENITY PRAYER
O God, grant me to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the diffrence. Amen.
Thanks for your advise…I did think about this before hand when I first had found out about her, my ex hadn’t started his overly obsessive **** of telling me off every second of every day!!! I was willing…Things didn’t go so well…And she’s shown signs of the exact reason why I distanced myself from him and no longer communicate with him…She’s the same way…I cannot befriend someone like him, and she’s very like him…Manipulative, pushy, line crossing, overbearing…I am sorry I cannot accept another person like my ex in my life…esp as a friend…

She seemed at first nice, but you see how easily that changes when people don’t get their way…Appearances can be deceiving…

There is just so much emotional and mental abuse a person can take and I am not willing to take anymore with his new wife…and I am not willing to allow my daughter to endure anymore from them either…That’s just the way things are going to have to be…you know…Maybe they will open their eyes, GOD willing and he will really surrender his parental rights legally and allow me to have my kids to myself or they will start being nice people and actually loving the children…you know…Whatever GOD’s will is…
 
I was trying to find a Saint for you and realized that divorce has not been that common until lately then I came across a neat little website here:

americancatholic.org/Messenger/Nov2002/Feature2.asp

This is the one in particular I found for you - even though she is not a Saint I hope that someday we will have some Patron Saints of Modern Day Causes:

http://www.americancatholic.org/Messenger/Nov2002/gfx/Helen.gif
Going back to the discussion of patron saints for modern causes, we’ll begin with St. Helen (249-329). Because she found the True Cross in Jerusalem, for many centuries devotion to St. Helen has been linked to devotion to the Holy Cross. It would be hard to find a painting, statue or holy card of her that does not depict her embracing the cross.
But there is another, sadder facet of Helen’s life. After 22 years of marriage, Helen’s husband, Constantius, divorced her in order to make a politically advantageous marriage with a young woman who was a member of Rome’s imperial family.
Clearly, St. Helen would be a natural choice as patron of divorced and divorcing people, so why has this devotion to her arisen only recently? For most of the 1,700 years since Helen’s death, divorce was rare, even among non-Catholics. Among Catholics it was almost unthinkable. Today, unfortunately, when divorce has become commonplace, St. Helen is offered to unhappy spouses as a heavenly patron who can truly sympathize with their anguish.
 
iluvmybabies St.Eugene De Mazenod is Patron Sainto f diffficult families situations here is his prayer for you…God bless

Novena Prayer to St. Eugene De Mazenod
St. Eugene,
By your example, touch me to see Jesus in others, to help those in need, and to have the courage to do God’s will.
I ask you to intercede on my behalf for a special need.
May God, through your intercession, guide me to accept the difficulties in my life and to work toward a happy and healthy solution.
May I accept God’s will in my life with strength and love.
I ask this through His Son Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Source: Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate
 
:grouphug:
iluvmybabies St.Eugene De Mazenod is Patron Sainto f diffficult families situations here is his prayer for you…God bless

Novena Prayer to St. Eugene De Mazenod
St. Eugene,
By your example, touch me to see Jesus in others, to help those in need, and to have the courage to do God’s will.
I ask you to intercede on my behalf for a special need.
May God, through your intercession, guide me to accept the difficulties in my life and to work toward a happy and healthy solution.
May I accept God’s will in my life with strength and love.
I ask this through His Son Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Source: Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate
This is beautiful and greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!
 
Thank you for that St. Helen information. I didn’t know it. Funny thing… our parish had a pull the name of the saint out of the bowl and put yourself under their patronage for a year. I actually drew St. Helen. I thought it was for some other reason. Now I appreciate how very apropos it was!
 
Thank you for that St. Helen information. I didn’t know it. Funny thing… our parish had a pull the name of the saint out of the bowl and put yourself under their patronage for a year. I actually drew St. Helen. I thought it was for some other reason. Now I appreciate how very apropos it was!
Hmmm - maybe you can get a letter writing campaign started to the Vatican to have her named as such. I jsut started another thread on Patron Saints of Modern Day Causes - would appreciate your (name removed by moderator)ut.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=412702
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top