B
BV_in_CA
Guest
Little backward:
I was baptised Methodist as an infant. I went to Catholic elementary school so all I really know is Catholic life. I decided to go through RCIA to make it official and I want to baptize my kids Catholic and I want our family to be whole. My wife is also Catholic and went to Catholic school.
I am going through RCIA to understand the Bible and Jesus’ teachings more because we put my son in Catholic school and I want to be able to answer questions he might have from Religion class.
My problem is that my wife has a problem with the Catholic church stemming from her sisters issues with the Catholic church. It appears the main issue is with the Pope and the extravegance surrounding him. My wife doesn’t think I should be so focused on being “Catholic” and be happy just praying to God and following Jesus. The problem comes when I asked her what did Jesus teach? She says “you know love and be nice”.
So, any opinions? I just want to learn more about God and Jesus and be a good role model and not a hypocrite to my kids. There is a “Center” of religious studies by our house that has a Mass where they teach all religions and love and be good. She keeps bringing that up but I believe that the Catholic Mass is the most perfect ceremony to attend to thank God.
Sorry, I’m venting.
Thanks,
I was baptised Methodist as an infant. I went to Catholic elementary school so all I really know is Catholic life. I decided to go through RCIA to make it official and I want to baptize my kids Catholic and I want our family to be whole. My wife is also Catholic and went to Catholic school.
I am going through RCIA to understand the Bible and Jesus’ teachings more because we put my son in Catholic school and I want to be able to answer questions he might have from Religion class.
My problem is that my wife has a problem with the Catholic church stemming from her sisters issues with the Catholic church. It appears the main issue is with the Pope and the extravegance surrounding him. My wife doesn’t think I should be so focused on being “Catholic” and be happy just praying to God and following Jesus. The problem comes when I asked her what did Jesus teach? She says “you know love and be nice”.
So, any opinions? I just want to learn more about God and Jesus and be a good role model and not a hypocrite to my kids. There is a “Center” of religious studies by our house that has a Mass where they teach all religions and love and be good. She keeps bringing that up but I believe that the Catholic Mass is the most perfect ceremony to attend to thank God.
Sorry, I’m venting.
Thanks,