Age ratings/Am I allowed to use reddit?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kitty
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty

Hello, sorry for posting a lot, but have a dilemma

So on the apple appstore, I’m not allowed to download reddit, because it has a 17+ rating on it. I had I delete it after I discovered that

BUT, as said by the Reddit TOS, people who are 13 and older are allowed to make accounts.

I am of age according to reddit, however I am not according to the apple AppStore.

I assume the rating is there because of NSFW, however I do NOT actively search that kind of material. I have the filter on. I mainly go to reddit for the Catholicism subreddit.

Would it be permissible for me to go on reddit on the website instead of the app? OR AM i being dishonest? Appstore doesn’t allow me but I’m pretty sure the website doesn’t have a 17 plus rating, just 13 and plus I think.

Thank you

You’d be better off reading books

Reddit is anybody with a two bit opinion and amd Internet access trying to be the smartest person in the room

Are you 13? Then ask your parents for permission. I think it is okay for you to use reddit if 13 is the age limit, just don’t click on NSFW.

Last edited:
Apple is not a moral authority. If you are not breaking the website’s rules by joining, then it is fine. Whether or not Reddit is the best use of your time is another question.

Do you need Reddit to research a class you are taking? Has a teacher of yours assigned students to sign up to Reddit for a class project? Have your parents asked you to go on Reddit and find something for them? Do they even know what you’re doing in the appstore and on the web while they aren’t watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back