I’ve been thinking about this for quite sometime and it’s come down to me really questioning my faith and belief in God all together.
This question probably generates from me not fully understanding free will. I don’t know really where to start so I’ll just tell you what goes through my head:
If there is a God and he is ALL loving, and ALL knowing (might not be true, just what I assume), why would he allow to create someone LOVING them and KNOWING that they will goto hell(since there are obviously people that go there)?
If the question is not clear enough, let me know, and thanks.
-Andrew
Hello Andrew,
I think what you are asking is why did not God just create non-free willed saints in heaven and by pass all the hatred, sin and damnation on earth?
One cannot love without the option to choose not to love. One cannot be faithful to God without the option to choose unfaithfulness. One cannot be kind with out the option to choose not to be kind. This is why God allows free will. Both love for God and hatred sin and damnation flow out from man’s free will.
Man’s purpose in life is to love God. This is God’s great commandments in both, OT and NT.
The answer is clear. God puts gaining love for God from man above hatred, sin and damnation on earth.
Please visit:
Choices Of The Heart
**NAB MAR 12 The Great Commandment. **
“Which is the first of all the commandments?” Jesus replied, "This is the first:
’Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone!
Therefore you shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your mind,
and with all your strength.'
"This is the second,
’You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
NIV 1JO 5:3
This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.
NIV JOH 14:15
"If you love me, you will obey what I command." **NAB JOH 15:22 **
“If I had not come to them and spoken to them, they would not be
guilty of sin; now, however, their sin cannot be excused. To hate me is to hate my Father. Had I not performed such works among them as no one has ever done before, they would not be
guilty of sin; but as it is, they have seen, and they go on hating me and my Father.”
NAB DEU 30:15 The Choice before Israel.
“
Here then, I have today set before you life and prosperity, death and doom. If you obey the commandments of the LORD, your God, which I enjoin on you today, loving him, and walking in his ways, and keeping his commandments, statutes and decrees, you will live and grow numerous, and the LORD, your God, will bless you in the land you are entering to occupy.”
NAB 1CO 2:9 Of this wisdom it is written:
“Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it so much as dawned on man what God has prepared for those who love him.”