R
rdiienno
Guest
I have attempted to attach a photo, I hope it worked.
Cool.You are correct. There are no cross carvings or anything at all on the top of the altar.
Lovely. I envy your son. I wanted were much such altar at home when I was on his age.I have attempted to attach a photo, I hope it worked.
Normally they take a piece of marble about the size of pound of butter. A hole is drilled in it, the relic is added and then it is sealed with cement made from powdered marble and other ingreidnets. The marble is then attached to a relief cut in the mensa (table top) of the altar. You can readily see them and they are made for easy removal.I have attempted to attach a photo, I hope it worked.
I hope your son is “celebrating” ad orientem, as the altar was designed! (after checking with the diocese, of course)I have attempted to attach a photo, I hope it worked.