T
T.A.Stobie_SFO
Guest
**Am I a Sheep?
**
Jesus is the Good Shepherd, but am I a sheep?
I am intelligent and my free will runs very deep,
To follow anyone blindly just is not in my nature.
So why should I let anyone just lead me to pasture?
A good shepherd is one who knows each of his sheep,
When they wake, move, eat, act, interact and sleep.
He knows all their obvious and hidden needs distinctly,
And loves each and every one with all he is most deeply.
Gradually over time, sheep learn to trust their shepherd.
They know his unique voice and heed his spoken word.
They follow his gentle lead and walk behind him peacefully.
They eat where he tells them to eat and love him tenderly.
How much more it is with Jesus, the perfect Good Shepherd,
Who gave us His Church and shepherds , and left us His Word.
Jesus loves us perfectly and knows our hearts thoroughly.
He wants us to know Him, love Him, and follow Him truly.
So, YES, with Jesus I will be a sheep following in his great flock,
Choosing with my free will to trust in Jesus around the clock.
Jesus will meet all of my needs, those I know and those I do not.
In Jesus I trust with all of my life, for I love Him more than a lot.
Copyright 2015 - Thomas A. Stobie, SFO. Permission to copy for personal use granted.
**
Jesus is the Good Shepherd, but am I a sheep?
I am intelligent and my free will runs very deep,
To follow anyone blindly just is not in my nature.
So why should I let anyone just lead me to pasture?
A good shepherd is one who knows each of his sheep,
When they wake, move, eat, act, interact and sleep.
He knows all their obvious and hidden needs distinctly,
And loves each and every one with all he is most deeply.
Gradually over time, sheep learn to trust their shepherd.
They know his unique voice and heed his spoken word.
They follow his gentle lead and walk behind him peacefully.
They eat where he tells them to eat and love him tenderly.
How much more it is with Jesus, the perfect Good Shepherd,
Who gave us His Church and shepherds , and left us His Word.
Jesus loves us perfectly and knows our hearts thoroughly.
He wants us to know Him, love Him, and follow Him truly.
So, YES, with Jesus I will be a sheep following in his great flock,
Choosing with my free will to trust in Jesus around the clock.
Jesus will meet all of my needs, those I know and those I do not.
In Jesus I trust with all of my life, for I love Him more than a lot.
Copyright 2015 - Thomas A. Stobie, SFO. Permission to copy for personal use granted.