Am I an alcoholic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LorilopezInneed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LorilopezInneed

Guest
I know it’s been discussed here before but I want to revisit it.

I am a mom … 37 years old. Work full time and then some. We have terrible financial problems and I’ve started drinking more. I came to work today hung over and I am worried because I don’t want to stop drinking.

My husband loves wine. And now… I do too. Last night we had a bottle of wine at dinner and I can’t home and drank another large glass before I fell asleep. I am bored… At night. It’s been a way to relax and avoid the anxiety.

I have tried quitting for a day or two and I still end up drinking at least a glass or two. My question is … Am I an alcoholic? Do I need to go cold turkey or should I try cutting back again?

Advice is greatly appreciated!
 
Go to this website and take their screening quiz: alcoholscreening.org/Home.aspx?gclid=CMao8JvD5bICFegWMgodTXgAIw

Also, the fact that you think there might be a problem means you probably need seek out some counseling. It might not be an alcohol dependence, it might be something else but something is obviously causing you enough stress in your life that you are comforting yourself the wrong way. So talk to someone.
 
I don’t know if you’re an alcoholic, but you are at risk.

This is what I teach my kids: *Never use alcohol as a medicine for being sad. *Never use it as a medicine for anything. Above all, because alcohol is a depressant, do not drink when you feel down. Spend time with friends, instead. They can drink, you enjoy them. Feel better that way. Because addictions ruin characters, I also teach them to never lie or hide their drinking.

IOW, if you went to work and pretended that you were sick instead of hung-over: That is a problem. You’re not taking responsibility for the consequences of your actions. You’re hiding what you’ve done. If you drink for negative reasons–I’m bored, I had a bad day, I’m lonely, I’m scared, I’m down–you have a problem. That puts you at risk.

I don’t think you’re going to be able to quit until you address the reasons that you are drinking in the first place, and do something to treat those. That is why they have the term “dry drunk”…it is someone who was driven to drink, quit drinking, but is still trying to ignore the reason they drank so much in the first place. They still very much “have a problem.”

But yes, for the time being…quit. Don’t start again until you’re feeling better about life. If you’re ever going to be a well-adjusted social drinker, quit for now, until life is better and you have learned that a drink isn’t something you need.
 
I know it’s been discussed here before but I want to revisit it.

I am a mom … 37 years old. Work full time and then some. We have terrible financial problems and I’ve started drinking more. I came to work today hung over and I am worried because I don’t want to stop drinking.

My husband loves wine. And now… I do too. Last night we had a bottle of wine at dinner and I can’t home and drank another large glass before I fell asleep. I am bored… At night. It’s been a way to relax and avoid the anxiety.

I have tried quitting for a day or two and I still end up drinking at least a glass or two. My question is … Am I an alcoholic? Do I need to go cold turkey or should I try cutting back again?

Advice is greatly appreciated!
People say that alcoholics are born, not made, but I think you can become an alcoholic if you start drinking as a self-medication for stress, grief, anger, etc. Any time you start using a substance to deal with emotions, that’s the beginning point of an addiction.

Someone here said a therapist took him through a mental exercise which made him realize that he was an alcoholic. He said, “Pretend that you have a case of beer in the fridge. You have to drink exactly 2 beers each night, no more. You can’t drink zero beers, you must drink 2 and only 2, but no more than 2. Can you do it?” The forum member realized that he could stop drinking entirely, but he could not drink 2 beers and then stop. I think that therapist knows the mind of an alcoholic very well…

I would get into counseling to deal with your emotional issues. Stress, whatever. You have to learn other ways to handle it, rather than turning to the bottle. Alcohol will always become a crutch at the least, a horrible addiction at the worst. You will develop a tolerance for it, and it will take larger and larger amounts to get the relief you are seeking. And larger and larger amounts will take a toll on your body, especially your liver.
 
I know it’s been discussed here before but I want to revisit it.

I am a mom … 37 years old. Work full time and then some. We have terrible financial problems and I’ve started drinking more. I came to work today hung over and I am worried because I don’t want to stop drinking.

My husband loves wine. And now… I do too. Last night we had a bottle of wine at dinner and I can’t home and drank another large glass before I fell asleep. I am bored… At night. It’s been a way to relax and avoid the anxiety.

I have tried quitting for a day or two and I still end up drinking at least a glass or two. My question is … Am I an alcoholic? Do I need to go cold turkey or should I try cutting back again?

Advice is greatly appreciated!
(nhs.uk/conditions/Alcohol-misuse/Pages/Introduction.aspx)

I’m glad that you’re thinking about this instead of shrugging your shoulders. You might find some of the points here helpful.
 
I would suggest that this is a question best asked of a medical professional rather than asking on a forum. I would urge you to talk to a doctor, who can help you if the answer turns out to be yes.

God bless and I will be praying for you
 
I know it’s been discussed here before but I want to revisit it.

I am a mom … 37 years old. Work full time and then some. We have terrible financial problems and I’ve started drinking more. I came to work today hung over and I am worried because I don’t want to stop drinking.

My husband loves wine. And now… I do too. Last night we had a bottle of wine at dinner and I can’t home and drank another large glass before I fell asleep. I am bored… At night. It’s been a way to relax and avoid the anxiety.

I have tried quitting for a day or two and I still end up drinking at least a glass or two. My question is … Am I an alcoholic? Do I need to go cold turkey or should I try cutting back again?

Advice is greatly appreciated!
Only you can decide for yourself if you are an alcoholic. No friend, doctor, or loved one can determine that…only you can.

May I suggest this literature from Alcoholics Anonymous. It saved my father maybe it can be of help to you.

can answer. (Alcoholics Anonymous)

A Newcomer Asks…(.pdf)

Alcoholics Anonymous FAQs (.pdf)
 
Generally speaking, if you are asking yourself that question, you are alcoholic. Seek out on the net 20 questions am I alcoholic, if you are, then cool, np, get yourself to an AA meeting, it is an amazing way of life.if you do not respond accordingly you will spiral downward.there is only one path, if you are indeed alcoholic, there is only one direction you can take, otherwise you will self-destruct sure try modifying your drinking, or any otlher option you like, they never work if you truly are an AA, or you can go through the door of freedom that is open to you now, but remember it may not be open latter.if you uwanna talk more email me
Happymormon@me.com
Terry:)
 
I know it’s been discussed here before but I want to revisit it.

I am a mom … 37 years old. Work full time and then some. We have terrible financial problems and I’ve started drinking more. I came to work today hung over and I am worried because I don’t want to stop drinking.

My husband loves wine. And now… I do too. Last night we had a bottle of wine at dinner and I can’t home and drank another large glass before I fell asleep. I am bored… At night. It’s been a way to relax and avoid the anxiety.

I have tried quitting for a day or two and I still end up drinking at least a glass or two. My question is … Am I an alcoholic? Do I need to go cold turkey or should I try cutting back again?

Advice is greatly appreciated!
My dear sister in Christ, I would say - yes. I recognize all the signs only too well, and thank you for reminding me of what it was like.

You can try going to a few Alcoholic Anonymous meetings, but if you don’t think you have a problem, or you don’t really want to stop, it is not going to help you.

I edited my post to add this:
Ask yourself if drinking is helping you out - are your finances better? No, they’re worse, because now you are spending money that could be used on other things on booze. Do you feel better? No, because waking up with a hangover is horrible and it takes a good part of the day to leave.
So, what is drinking doing for you? Helping you sleep? Maybe for a while, but that won’t last.
What I am trying to say is that drinking isn’t helping you with any of your troubles, it is only making things worse.
 
My dear sister in Christ, I would say - yes. I recognize all the signs only too well, and thank you for reminding me of what it was like.

You can try going to a few Alcoholic Anonymous meetings, but if you don’t think you have a problem, or you don’t really want to stop, it is not going to help you.

I edited my post to add this:
Ask yourself if drinking is helping you out - are your finances better? No, they’re worse, because now you are spending money that could be used on other things on booze. Do you feel better? No, because waking up with a hangover is horrible and it takes a good part of the day to leave.
So, what is drinking doing for you? Helping you sleep? Maybe for a while, but that won’t last.
What I am trying to say is that drinking isn’t helping you with any of your troubles, it is only making things worse.
Exactly. If you think alcohol is going to accomplish something for you, rather than to be a complement for what is already a satisfactory situation, you’re headed for trouble. Maybe not alcoholism, but real trouble, all the same. Besides, if you use alcohol moderately and sensibly, it isn’t going to make you feel bad later, not if you’re keeping yourself hydrated, etc.

Still, I can say from experience that there are two ways to have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. In one, you use it like a drug. In the other, though, you use it like a food. You use alcohol as one of many ways you treat your taste buds instead of what is really bothering you. In the second way, you can misuse alcohol without ever getting so much as a buzz. One way will get you in much more trouble, but that doesn’t mean the second way isn’t troublesome.

If you have a problem, treat the problem. Don’t use alcohol.
 
Thanks for all of these responses. It is a real shame that society will make someone like me feel “ok”. Everybody drinks wine, right? That’s how I feel when I watch TV or talk with my girlfriends. I just get scared that I’m not the way I used to be… Growing up and even in college… I didn’t drink at all.
 
Thanks for all of these responses. It is a real shame that society will make someone like me feel “ok”. Everybody drinks wine, right? That’s how I feel when I watch TV or talk with my girlfriends. I just get scared that I’m not the way I used to be… Growing up and even in college… I didn’t drink at all.
Don’t blame this on society. There has never been a society as capable of distinguishing healthy drinking from unhealthy as the one we’re in now. We’re not perfect, but most other broad societies have typically been far more extreme than we are, either in tolerating abuse or else in forbidding even sensible use as if such a thing were impossible. In those times, alcoholism was either a failure of the will or the inevitable outcome of drinking alcohol at all. Neither extreme is true.

There is such a thing as having one or two drinks in the evening, some of the time but not all of the time, never a hangover, and never too much. That’s what my parents did. I don’t think either one ever had a hangover in 60 years.

No, not everybody drinks, especially not every night and especially not more than one drink every night. In fact, the ideal now is for a group to go out and to have one person in each carload NOT drink anything.

Go back to not drinking at all for awhile, or saving your wine drinking for those special occasions when you can drink really good wine without hurting your budget. Most of all, though, look into healthy ways to manage the stress you’re trying to cope with, the stress that makes you need some outside something so that you can relax at the end of the day. Figure that out, and then you might be able to introduce social drinking in a healthy way.

If you don’t get a handle on the load on your shoulders, giving up alcohol is not going to fix things. If you do get a handle on that, I don’t think giving up alcohol is going to be nearly so hard for you. If you have a hard time managing sensible use even when you are not under stress, though, just give it up. Life’s too short for an abuse problem.
 
If you don’t get a handle on the load on your shoulders, giving up alcohol is not going to fix things.
That is true, giving up drinking won’t fix things, but it won’t make things worse, which is what will happen if she continues to drink. It will only add another problem to the list and put an extra strain on her already strained financial situation. Plus, she won’t feel any better either. Hangovers are a killer, and they might eventually affect her work performance.

Lori, I assure you that drinking is not the answer. Trust me. And ask Our Blessed Mother to help you. She will. That I know for a fact. And I will keep you in my prayers too!
 
I am an alcoholic with just over three years sober. Stopping drinking does not stop your problems, but drinking sure doesn’t help them. I also had 26 surgeries including a hip replacement with a staph infection where I laid in bed for months without a hip and I used lots of painkillers and alcohol to deal with it.
I am now alcohol and drug free, except for occasional mild pain pills, controlled by my doctor. I became a Catholic 4 years ago ater the hip problem at the request of my wife. Then I dealt with my alcoholism at the request of my wife, but I love the results of both, except now my wife has abandoned me. I used to own a nice home, cars, trucks, boats and motorcycles, had the American dream. 2 years ago my wife had a breakdown because she could not get along with her coworkers and was out of work for 6 months, then they let her go. She was severely depressed and I sold or lost everything I own to move her from our home in MN to California to be by her sister. We lost everything as she can’t hold a job there either. 3 weeks ago while I was sedated for a medical procedure on the way home she informed me I was being kicked out of her sisters house because I got tired of her faking unemployment for the last 18 months. She runs out next month, but I packed up what I had left and hooked her car to the truck as it was in my name and took my last motorcycle with also. I live on SSDI and am currently into the second week sleeping on my sons couch until I move this weekend. I have lost everything in my life including a 35 yr marriage, though I keep praying she will get help.
The point to all this is I could go get drunk right now, but nothing will change.
 
I am an alcoholic with just over three years sober. Stopping drinking does not stop your problems, but drinking sure doesn’t help them. I also had 26 surgeries including a hip replacement with a staph infection where I laid in bed for months without a hip and I used lots of painkillers and alcohol to deal with it.
I am now alcohol and drug free, except for occasional mild pain pills, controlled by my doctor. I became a Catholic 4 years ago ater the hip problem at the request of my wife. Then I dealt with my alcoholism at the request of my wife, but I love the results of both, except now my wife has abandoned me. I used to own a nice home, cars, trucks, boats and motorcycles, had the American dream. 2 years ago my wife had a breakdown because she could not get along with her coworkers and was out of work for 6 months, then they let her go. She was severely depressed and I sold or lost everything I own to move her from our home in MN to California to be by her sister. We lost everything as she can’t hold a job there either. 3 weeks ago while I was sedated for a medical procedure on the way home she informed me I was being kicked out of her sisters house because I got tired of her faking unemployment for the last 18 months. She runs out next month, but I packed up what I had left and hooked her car to the truck as it was in my name and took my last motorcycle with also. I live on SSDI and am currently into the second week sleeping on my sons couch until I move this weekend. I have lost everything in my life including a 35 yr marriage, though I keep praying she will get help.
The point to all this is I could go get drunk right now, but nothing will change.
Stay strong, NewChristian! Pray the Rosary each and every day and ask Our Lady to help you.

You are, of course, absolutely correct. Drinking solves nothing. The only thing it does is add yet one more problem and exacerbate the ones you already have. In the end, everything becomes worse on account of the drinking.
 
I know it’s been discussed here before but I want to revisit it.

I am a mom … 37 years old. Work full time and then some. We have terrible financial problems and I’ve started drinking more. I came to work today hung over and I am worried because I don’t want to stop drinking.

My husband loves wine. And now… I do too. Last night we had a bottle of wine at dinner and I can’t home and drank another large glass before I fell asleep. I am bored… At night. It’s been a way to relax and avoid the anxiety.

I have tried quitting for a day or two and I still end up drinking at least a glass or two. My question is … Am I an alcoholic? Do I need to go cold turkey or should I try cutting back again?

Advice is greatly appreciated!
I suggest talking to your doctor about this. There are people who obvioulsly fall into the ‘problem drinkers’ catagory, and those that are more on the margins. Since alcohol is effective for you in managing stress and anxiety I can understand you would be reluctant to give it up or try to lessen consumption.

However you went to work hung over, that’s a sign of problematic drinking. I think it’s good your contemplating this issue now rather than later. Talk to your doctor and be completely honest about why you drink and exactly how much and how often.

Since it works to help with your anxiety, you will likely be MORE likely to use it more often and in greater ammt’s in the future to manage anxiety and stress, assuming you continue to experience those things. Quitting/cutting down sooner rather than later is typically easier.

Again, talk to your doctor.

God Bless,
Bill
 
That is true, giving up drinking won’t fix things, but it won’t make things worse, which is what will happen if she continues to drink. It will only add another problem to the list and put an extra strain on her already strained financial situation. Plus, she won’t feel any better either. Hangovers are a killer, and they might eventually affect her work performance.

Lori, I assure you that drinking is not the answer. Trust me. And ask Our Blessed Mother to help you. She will. That I know for a fact. And I will keep you in my prayers too!
Oh, no, I don’t mean that she shouldn’t stop drinking! While I allowed that truly special occasion drinking might be acceptable, I think it would be an excellent idea for her to stop entirely until she got a handle on her thinking, lest bad thinking lead to behaviors that will spoil the workings of her physical brain and literally make her into an alcoholic. You are right, though: she would be the wisest to just give up drinking altogether, at least for the time being. What she has described says enough about that.

Once she’s cleaned up her thinking, then the question of whether she can drink or not can be addressed. Oh, no, you’re right: the last thing she ought to do is to drink while she feels a need to do it. No way. She could alter how her brain reacts to alcohol forever. If she ever hopes to be a social drinker, she needs to stop drinking right now AND THEN do some serious examination of what it is she is trying to self-medicate with the alcohol. She also needs a situation in which she is fully accountable to monitor herself if she ever decides that social drinking might be OK. That is a decision that is down the line, too, something she’d only do after she is feeling much better.

I mean only that she ought not see this primarily as a drinking problem. It is a whole new ballgame when physical dependence rears its ugly head, but a drinking problem is usually starts as a thinking problem. Sometimes habitual abuse grows out of social pressure, but the kind of misuse she’s describing come from wrong thinking about how one can even hope to use alcohol in a healthy way.

Having said that, she and her husband might be wise to read “Addictive Thinking: Understanding Self-Deception” by Abraham J. Twerski. Here’s an example it gives:

What Is Addictive Thinking?

*Interviewing Ray, a young man who had been admitted to a rehabilitation unit for drug addiction, I asked, “What made you decide it was time to do something about the problem?”

“I’ve been on cocaine for a few years,” Ray replied, “and occasionally I’d quit using for a few weeks at a time, but I’d never decided to stop for good before.”

“For the past year my wife has been pressuring me to stop completely. She used to do cocaine too, but she’s been off for several years now. I finally got to the point where doing coke wasn’t worth the hassle, so I decided to give it up completely.”

“I sincerely wanted to stop for good, but after two weeks I started up again, and that proved something to me. I’m not stupid. I now know that it is absolutely impossible for me to stop on my own, maybe.”

I repeated Ray’s last sentence several times because I wanted him to hear what he had just said. But he could not see what I was trying to point out.

I said, “It is perfectly logical to say, ‘Maybe I can stop by myself.’ It is also perfectly logical to say, ‘It is absolutely impossible for me to stop by myself.’ But to say, ‘I now know that it is absolutely impossible for me to stop on my own, maybe,’ is absurd because it is self-contradictory. It is either ‘absolutely impossible’ or ‘maybe,’ but it cannot be both.” Ray, however, was unable to see my point.

I have repeated this conversation to a number of people, and even seasoned therapists initially show no reaction, waiting for the punch line. Only after I point out the contradiction between “absolutely impossible” and “maybe” do they see the absurdity of the statement and the distortion of thought taking place in this man’s mind.*

If a person thinks in self-contradictory (and therefore, necessarily, false) ways, it isn’t going to solve the person’s problems to simply give up the pointless self-medication that they’re using to cope. They need to learn to recognize that faulty thinking, too. When a person does that, if they do it before they’ve become physically dependent, then it might be possible to use alcohol in a rational way. Once a physical dependence alters the brain, though, that story is over. The substance that the person is addicted to has to be kept out of contact with their brain, and that’s all there is to it.
 
While I allowed that truly special occasion drinking might be acceptable, I think it would be an excellent idea for her to stop entirely until she got a handle on her thinking, lest bad thinking lead to behaviors that will spoil the workings of her physical brain and literally make her into an alcoholic. You are right, though: she would be the wisest to just give up drinking altogether, at least for the time being. What she has described says enough about that…
If you do try the ‘special occasion’ pick like Christmas Even or New Years Eve…far enough away to see if she can avoid all alcohol no matter what once she agrees to this plan. The caviat… the desire may build up in her and she might be lampshade on the head lady at the party. In either event it will give you more info on her situation to work with. If someone can’t not drink for 3 months they have a problem IMO. I’m an ex alcohol abuser myself btw. As well as an ex drug and alcohol counselor.
Once she’s cleaned up her thinking, then the question of whether she can drink or not can be addressed. Oh, no, you’re right: the last thing she ought to do is to drink while she feels a need to do it. No way. She could alter how her brain reacts to alcohol forever. If she ever hopes to be a social drinker, she needs to stop drinking right now AND THEN do some serious examination of what it is she is trying to self-medicate with the alcohol. She also needs a situation in which she is fully accountable to monitor herself if she ever decides that social drinking might be OK. That is a decision that is down the line, too, something she’d only do after she is feeling much better…
She might need someone else to ‘monitor’ her as well, people who drink to excess have this funny way of telling white lies to themselves (minimizing, outright making up the ammt they drank to be less and justifying it one way or another)

.
I mean only that she ought not see this primarily as a drinking problem. It is a whole new ballgame when physical dependence rears its ugly head, but a drinking problem is usually starts as a thinking problem. Sometimes habitual abuse grows out of social pressure, but the kind of misuse she’s describing come from wrong thinking about how one can even hope to use alcohol in a healthy way…

I would say it can be emotional, psychological, spiritual, in addition to a thinking problem. If she is near danger of physical dependence she probably needs treatment now. The vast majority of those with drinking problems are ‘functional alcoholics’ who are NOT physically dependent. But something is driving her to drink to excess. The sooner she addresses that the better off she will be. And the goal should be to fix her thinking/emotional/spiritual/psychological problems, NOT ‘learning how to drink socially’. If she’s so attached to alcohol that she needs to make that a goal for herself above being healthy in the area’s I mentioned, this says something about how much of a problem it is for her. And as you probably know, most ppl won’t cop to their driking being a problem and seek out others to validate their view of their drinking, as well as minimize, etc to justify as ‘others just don’t understand’, etc.
If a person thinks in self-contradictory (and therefore, necessarily, false) ways, it isn’t going to solve the person’s problems to simply give up the pointless self-medication that they’re using to cope. They need to learn to recognize that faulty thinking, too. When a person does that, if they do it before they’ve become physically dependent, then it might be possible to use alcohol in a rational way. Once a physical dependence alters the brain, though, that story is over. The substance that the person is addicted to has to be kept out of contact with their brain, and that’s all there is to it.
Resources you might look into are approaches such as rational recovery, CBT therapy (cognitive behavioral therapy) and other non traditional (traditional being AA) as your speaking a lot about it being a thinking problem and these approaches work with people to learn to think rationally about alcohol and why they should not be drinking the way they have been, and then coming up with plans to change.

AA works for some people but it is a life long committment according to AA itself. I went to AA for a period of time. I also drank like 50 drinks every other night from ages 19-21, decreased frequency and intensity to age 25 then stopped. Started again age 35, 5-6 drinks a cpl times a week on weekends. Now I drink maybe 4 times a year, 1-2 drinks per occasion. NO desire to drink. I can drink a sip and put it down. Drink 1/2 glass and put it down, etc. It’s a non issue for me. Just like custard pudding is. I might have it at some point but never think of it and you could fill my houe with it and it wouldn’t phase me.

But I did I TON of work on myself to get to where I am at. A ton of psychological, emotional, etc work for YEARS, actually well over a decade starting at age 18 through the present.

Most all who drank like me can never drink it safety for the rest of their lives. I attacked the inner problems I had that were there because of childhood trauma and took responsibility for all of them, even though I deserved none of them. I realized they were in me now, and in order to get them out hating my paretns wouldn’t do it. I had to acknowledge they were threre, and work at getting them out/learning to cope with them rather than drinking like a pig because of how messed up I was. And it worked. I don’t recommend it in general, but it is possible.

God Bless,
Bill
 
Boldface mine:
…I would say it can be emotional, psychological, spiritual, in addition to a thinking problem. **If she is near danger of physical dependence she probably needs treatment now. The vast majority of those with drinking problems are ‘functional alcoholics’ who are NOT physically dependent. But something is driving her to drink to excess. The sooner she addresses that the better off she will be. ** And the goal should be to fix her thinking/emotional/spiritual/psychological problems, NOT ‘learning how to drink socially’. If she’s so attached to alcohol that she needs to make that a goal for herself above being healthy in the area’s I mentioned, this says something about how much of a problem it is for her. And as you probably know, most ppl won’t cop to their driking being a problem and seek out others to validate their view of their drinking, as well as minimize, etc to justify as ‘others just don’t understand’, etc…

I did I TON of work on myself to get to where I am at. A ton of psychological, emotional, etc work for YEARS, actually well over a decade starting at age 18 through the present.

Most all who drank like me can never drink it safety for the rest of their lives. I attacked the inner problems I had that were there because of childhood trauma and took responsibility for all of them, even though I deserved none of them. I realized they were in me now, and in order to get them out hating my paretns wouldn’t do it. I had to acknowledge they were threre, and work at getting them out/learning to cope with them rather than drinking like a pig because of how messed up I was. And it worked. I don’t recommend it in general, but it is possible.

God Bless,
Bill
Yes, yes, yes!!! This isn’t about alcohol. This is about the change that occurs when we stop looking at alcohol as an occasional enjoyment and start to look at alcohol as a medication for problems that alcohol can never make better but that it can make far worse.

Never use alcohol as a medicine for being sad and avoid using it socially when you are stressed out or upset. Instead, get out in nature, spend time with people who love you, find healthy ways to relieve stress and re-charge.

Let alcohol truly be something that complements a serene and happy heart, and it can be used sensibly. Let it be something by which you self-medicate, though, and it can ruin your life and your relationships. Always get self-care first, and then when you’re taken care of, then and only then consider whether or not you’d like a drink.

Yes, I’m with you! 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top