Am I being anxious or something more

• Thread starter Thread starter catholicwx
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catholicwx

Sometimes, I get anxiety about my relationship with my girlfriend (who also is catholic) like making sure I am doing a good job (mainly to put myself at ease). However, I am wondering if God is telling me to do something like break up with her if that was his will or not. I love my girlfriend although we have been only been on two dates (before the whole virus situation). However, some things have happened during the time we’ve been dating. On the first date, I received emails about some interviews from two jobs I applied to but I did not too well on the interviews. Then just after the second one, the whole virus epidemic erupted. I do not want to break up with her as we call daily and pray together.

Yes, but mainly asking him to help me get a job closer to my gf due to the distance.

Yes, but mainly asking him to help me get a job closer to my gf due to the distance.
If you are doing all that you can, be at ease. In my estimation, God would not ask you to do something that you can’t do. Keep doing what you’re doing; pray a lot, try to get a new job and treat your girlfriend with respect. I don’t know if this is true of you, but for me, I get the sense that when I suffer, God must be displeased with me. That argument is of the devil, though.

If something comes from God it will come with a feeling of peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back