Am I Misguided?

• Thread starter Thread starter corrgc
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

corrgc

I had an epiphany last night, I would like to share:

About 14 years ago, while in college, I came across a song called Stand a little Rain on the greatest hits collection of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. It is an absolutely beautiful song about perseverance in a relationship during rough times. The lyricist describes having to suffer through rain storms in order to see a Rainbow. Last night while driving home, the song began to play from one of my CD’s. I was singing and began to weep…

I’ve been struggling to grasp Mary as my mother. I have let Protestant denials damage my veneration of Mary. I’ve tried praying the Rosary, but always feel like I am cheating Jesus. But as I was singing I began to think of Noah and the Ark. God’s chosen were safely inside the Ark, throughout the rainstorms and flood. In the end – God gave them his Word – and it appeared as a Rainbow. It hit me – Mary is the Ark! Jesus, THE Word, is the rainbow. It is ok for God’s chosen to safely reside in the heart of Mary, because she will lead them to Jesus!! I wept, and called out repeatedly – “Mother Mary, Mother Mary”. I dedicated myself to her immaculate heart when the song ended.

Please tell me - am I nuts? A heretic? Misguided in my theology?

Sincerely in Christ,

RC

40.png
corrgc:
Please tell me - am I nuts? A heretic? Misguided in my theology?

Sincerely in Christ,

RC
To me you aren’t nuts, I think you are being guided by the Holy Spirt, others will tell you to run for the hills.
But the Holy Spirt though strong and powerful, is gentle with us, and the Holy Spirit will win through.
God Bless.

The Catholic Church teaches that, symbollically, Mary is the Ark of the Covenant.

So you are not too far off. You are not a heretic, I don’t think.

Hey what’s wrong with being nuts. I believe Scott Hahn uses your position in many of his books espeially when discussing convental promises, as I recall since I dont’t have his books with me. And it was called Noah’s Ark. The rainbow to me is the seal of HIS covenant. Keep saying the rosary and especially Hail Mary’s as an old P now C that made reading about Mary easier, it was the last line that was the hurdle for me. As you found out GOD will help you jump over the hurdles, in HIS time and manner

You know, it’s odd, but I was thinking of Mary as the Ark this very evening on my drive home from work.

It’s been mentioned before that we see a foreshadowing of Mary in Genesis, and Mary is depicted as the Ark of the Covenant in Revelation, and I was thinking of the various covenants that God had with his people, specifically with Noah, and lo and behold, there was an Ark there too.

Just struck me, and I thought I’d share.

Corrgc:

Misguided? More like ILLUMINATED!

Mother Mary. She will come to you in the most odd of hours and you know it is her for the gentleness.

John Paul II said in Redemptoris Hominis that the carnal beginning of the Incarnation of Jesus happened beneath the beating heart of Mary, in her womb. She is the Ark prefigured by the Ark of the Covenant(which had the tablets, a jar of manna and the staff of Aaron) all three is Word of God, Bread from Heaven, and Shepherd of men. All of this is Jesus Christ.

But the generosity of God doesn’t stop with Mary. The pope further explains that when we receive the Holy Eucharist, we take in Christ and he land right beneath our hearts and dwells in us like our mother Mary.

in XT.

Misguided…No…Guided by the Holy Spirit…Yes
:blessyou:

For the record, here’s the lyrics to “Stand A Little Rain”:
Dark cloud is coming
Headed straight for your heart
Might get just a little bit crazy, baby
Might try to tear us apart
When the storm blows over
Only the true love remains
If we’re ever gonna see a rainbow
We have to stand a little rain