An Afterlife?

• Thread starter Thread starter charles6735
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charles6735

I don’t know if this is the way to do this. My wife died on July 26 2001. We were soulmates. Her father was a minister and I went through Catholic schol for 12 years. She passed away,and if there was a way for her to contact me and tell me that I did right she would have. I know that if she had a way, she would have come back to me, to let me know everything was okay. Since she hasn’t, I’ve come to the realization that there is no afterlife. Someone tell me I’m wrong and please tell me why.

I’m sorry for your loss. I wish I knew what to say to help…

Stay a while or come and visit often…

God Bless

I know that if she had a way, she would have come back to me… Since she hasn’t, I’ve come to the realization that there is no afterlife.
Her not coming back doesn’t mean there’s no afterlife. It just means there wasn’t a way for her to communicate to you from it.

Where is she? I know she would have found a way to come back if she could. You hear about all these people that did just that Even Jesus’s friend,Lazarus, came back

I am so sorry for your loss Charles. I can’t imagine the pain you’ve gone through.

I don’t believe that our loved ones can come back to us once they’ve died, despite how much we’d like them to. Our hope instead is to be reuninted with them someday in heaven.

I pray that God will grant you His peace & restore your Faith. It’s what your wife would want for you as well.

God Bless,
CM

40.png
charles6735:
Where is she? I know she would have found a way to come back if she could. You hear about all these people that did just that Even Jesus’s friend,Lazarus, came back
The difference there is that Lazarus was brought back by Jesus, not on his own. Once we die, we cannot return through our own means. If the dead could return and tell us what’s next, it would destroy any chance we have to have faith here on earth. If I were dead and in Heaven, I wouldn’t want to ruin my husband’s faith in God by coming back and messing everything up. I also wouldn’t want my husband to avoid another relationship because he was worried I might “pop in” for a visit. That’s called haunting, and it’s not at all nice. Sorry for your loss, but if you’re Heaven bound you know it isn’t permanent. You’ll be together again when it’s the right time.

I had heaven on earth with Wilma. Now that she died I am in hell. I know that and I wish I could tell people that if they don’t make it here on earth there isn’t a second chance (heaven). I went through 17 years at Cartholic school and I know what I know. If we don’t make the effort here, than just forget it. I have Parkinson’s disease and my Wilma is gone. I’m making the best of a bad situation. God is there for those people who need Him. Those of us who can get along, just don’t need Him and survive without him.

40.png
charles6735:
I had heaven on earth with Wilma. Now that she died I am in hell. I know that and I wish I could tell people that if they don’t make it here on earth there isn’t a second chance (heaven). I went through 17 years at Cartholic school and I know what I know. If we don’t make the effort here, than just forget it. I have Parkinson’s disease and my Wilma is gone. I’m making the best of a bad situation. God is there for those people who need Him. Those of us who can get along, just don’t need Him and survive without him.
I’m sorry for your loss. Have you tried talking with a priest about what you’re feeling? Have you been praying for understanding? Perhaps some time in adoration with these feelings?

There is a heaven. There is an afterlife. Just because you haven’t had any kind of supernatural contact with your wife, doesn’t mean she is not enjoying peace with our Lord. Most of us will not have that kind of contact with our loved ones after their death.

God bless.

My mother believes, after my dad died and I should believe too. But can you give me one iota of proof

40.png
charles6735:
I am very sorry for you loss.

Did your wife believe in heaven?

She was a presbyerian. Her father was a baptist minister. she taught me something new everyday so I think she’s teaching me something with her dieing

I lost my mother in 1985 when I was 21 years old. Since then, I’ve been looking for a “sign” or “proof” like you describe - I never lost faith, I just believe that sometimes people do try to communicate after death. Anyway, just a couple of months ago I had my fourth ever dream about my mom. She just turned and looked at me and she was beautiful and young and healthy again. She had the brightest happiest smile. The dream only lasted a few seconds but I know it was real and that she is OK.

Pray and ask God to speak to you or allow your wife to come to you in a dream… That is when your body is most able to accept the communication…

I also lost my brother this past August. Shortly thereafter I was playing Scrabble and I got four words in a row on my board: his first name, his last name, then the word “love”, then the word that clinched it for me, his birthplace, “Guam”

It happens. I believe it happens. Don’t give up. Remember, it was almost 20 years before I heard from my mom.

Albeith if it doesn’t happen, that doesn’t mean there’s no heaven. Please do not despair. Continue to pray. Say the rosary every day. Ask God what He wants from you - not so much what you want from Him. His will be done.

God bless.

I am sorry for your loss as well.

My mother died when I was 13 back in 1981. I also was wondering if she was ok. Fast forward 19 years. I got married and had our daughter at 26 weeks (weighing 1 lb 12 oz). My sister told me that she had a dream that night when our daughter was born. She said she saw our mother standing over our daughter’s incubator. Our daughter is a beautiful soon to be 5 year old.

A year later, my father died. When he died, there was this very warm feeling that came over my younger sister and me (our step sister was there but she did not feel that). We knew our father was going to be ok. Two years later I gave birth to our son. He is a spitting image of my late father.

God works in mysterious ways.

I will pray for you.

PAX

40.png
charles6735:
I don’t know if this is the way to do this. My wife died on July 26 2001. We were soulmates. Her father was a minister and I went through Catholic schol for 12 years. She passed away,and if there was a way for her to contact me and tell me that I did right she would have. I know that if she had a way, she would have come back to me, to let me know everything was okay. Since she hasn’t, I’ve come to the realization that there is no afterlife. Someone tell me I’m wrong and please tell me why.
Condolances on your loss.

Her not contacting you no way disproves it. In fact, it even helps prove it! I’m afraid I forgot which book, but in the Bible it mentions contact with the dead is prohibited. God simply has not allowed your wife to contact you for your own good.

I firmly believe in the afterlife.Long story…short version…my mom had a dream. In it my father was about 30…wearing an all white outfit with an all white baseball cap on. He wanted her to “follow him” but she insisted she wasn’t ready. Fast forward about 2 weeks…I was doing my normal walk to the park for my morning prayers and thinking about things and “talking” to my dad. When I got to the park, there on the bench I always sit on was an all white baseball cap with an all white NY Yankees logo on it. I took that as a message from my dad that things would be OK.
~ Kathy ~

Just thought of something…a very good friend of mine was with her father when he died. He was holding her hand. In his last few moments of life he squeezed her hand very hard…his eyes were open…and he said “Oh Jeannie, it’s beautiful! Come with me!” He was still pulling on her hand when he passed just a few seconds later. To me, that’s another convincing story - if you’re looking for proof…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back