An order for married laypeople?

• Thread starter Thread starter PDR1234
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PDR1234

Does anyone know of an order for young married laypeople to join?

40.png
PDR1234:
Does anyone know of an order for young married laypeople to join?
i am not aware of any order… but, an active participant in the parish council, CCD, or any other church committee should be satisfying…

lots of ways to give to God…

happy thanksgiving… 👍

Dear friend

You can join a lay order of any of the orders that have a lay third order, you will need your spouses permission for this as it does take a certain amount of time and committment.

Look to what your spirituality is and look at all the orders of Saints you are drawn to and see if their charisms suit your pious practice and spirituality. Do a search on google and find their sites and read up on them.

Here is a list of some orders you may like to look into and have a chat with your Priest and ask his opinion and advice.

Augustines
Benedictines
Carmelites
Dominicans
Franciscans
Opus Dei

Etc etc etc

God Bless you and much love and peace to you, to your family and in your spiritual journey in Christ Jesus

Teresa

(I am in my formation as O’carm third order TOC)

many posters here have recommended Couples for Christ, discussions on Family Life forum have links, sounds like something i wish we had in my early married life.

I am partial to the Secular Franciscan Order. A married couple can enter the program and study together. My wife and I were received into the Order together. It depends on the spirituality that attracts you. I have a friend who is Franciscan and his daughter is a Lay Carmelite. Many other Orders now take associates. We have an Order nearby that is called " The Daughters of the Holy Spirit." These Sisters accept men and women as associates. Being received into the Franciscans was a tremendous experience for my wife and I. It can really improve your marriage and your spiritual life- such as praying The Hours together.

May God guide you in your search to serve him in this way,
Deacon Tony SFO

40.png
puzzleannie:
many posters here have recommended Couples for Christ, discussions on Family Life forum have links, sounds like something i wish we had in my early married life.
It’s never too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back