Analogies and God

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jim_Baur
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim_Baur

Guest
In Vatican I, I think, they said that all analogies fail when we try to compare us and God. Can anyone give the quotes?

Thanks!
 
Jesus,our Lords peace be with You.
Dear friend,and sorry for my bad english.You may the answer find the answer by reading Psalm 8. If You read it with thought,care,and wisdom,Your answer is there. One thing I try to always point out is truth,faith,honesty and to absolutelu obey The Catholic Church in all issues,and,that every answer is in the Bible. All we need to know is in The Bible,as is the answer to this question aswell.
 
In Vatican I, I think, they said that all analogies fail when we try to compare us and God. Can anyone give the quotes?

Thanks!
A quick word search of the Vatican I documents for the word “analogy” or “analogies” yielded only one result from Dei Filius, the Dogmatic Constitution on the Catholic Faith. From Chapter 4 (On Faith and Reason), paragraph 4:
  1. Now reason, does indeed when it seeks persistently, piously and soberly, achieve by God’s gift some understanding, and that most profitable, of the mysteries, whether by analogy from what it knows naturally, or from the connection of these mysteries with one another and with the final end of humanity; but reason is never rendered capable of penetrating these mysteries in the way in which it penetrates those truths which form its proper object.
For the divine mysteries, by their very nature, so far surpass the created understanding that, even when a revelation has been given and accepted by faith, they remain covered by the veil of that same faith and wrapped, as it were, in a certain obscurity, as long as in this mortal life we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, and not by sight (2 Cor 5, 6-7).

Does that sound like what you’re looking for?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top