Anger

• Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

Hey guys,

I could sure use some help on some stuff. I have noticed that I have been increasingly of, well to put it bluntly, pissy and paranoid. I fear I have hung around people that are hostile to the faith and it has really gotten to me. So I have decided to put a brake on the Slow in the Trenches sock it to them offense/defense with such people (seeing how I am not really helping them all that much and it’s not haveing a good effect on me) once I try to try of some lose ends and go for a hiatis and persue other projects (which I have yet to fomulate). But, that still leaves me with my anger and resintement to these gentlemen and laides. I was wondering if any of ya’ll any sugestions on how to return to my once placid and sunny dispostion where all is right with the world kind of thing? Thanks and God bless.

I undestand how you feel. My husband has recently been dealing with the same thing. He was working with a couple of guys that would constantly harass him about his faith. He took a 6 month brake (worked in another area of the prison) and now he feels much better. Sometimes we need a brake. Sometimes we need more prayer.

Another thing to think about, there is no need to get angry with people who are hostile to the faith. They are to be pitied more because they do not understand the beauty of it. Ask for the power of the Holy Spirit to come upon you.

:blessyou:

Montie Claunch:
Hey guys,

I could sure use some help on some stuff. I have noticed that I have been increasingly of, well to put it bluntly, pissy and paranoid. I fear I have hung around people that are hostile to the faith and it has really gotten to me. So I have decided to put a brake on the Slow in the Trenches sock it to them offense/defense with such people (seeing how I am not really helping them all that much and it’s not haveing a good effect on me) once I try to try of some lose ends and go for a hiatis and persue other projects (which I have yet to fomulate). But, that still leaves me with my anger and resintement to these gentlemen and laides. I was wondering if any of ya’ll any sugestions on how to return to my once placid and sunny dispostion where all is right with the world kind of thing? Thanks and God bless.
You can spend a little time each day with a prayer for these people who are hostile about the faith. Then you can thank the Lord for the gift of your faith. Just imagine yourself putting these people in His Sacred Heart, and leave them there.

I struggled for a long time with a relative that irritated me very much about my faith. A priest told me to offer up the pain I felt at that person’s hostility. I did that, and also visualized myself putting that person in the Sacred Heart of Jesus every time I felt myself irritated.

After many years that person returned to the faith and was no longer hostile. He even apologized to me for the hard time he gave me. That person was my husband, and he died a happy death surrounded by his entire family. He had returned to the Sacraments just four months before his death.

It’s already been mentioned here, but I think it is very important, so I will reiterate it. A good prayer life is essential. Pray for an increase in the cardinal virtues- Faith, Hope, and Charity. Pray the Rosary often- and go to adoration. Pray that you will grow in appreciation of the gifts of the Church- and pray for those who do not realize what you have. Sometimes evangelization is difficult, and sometimes we need to back off for awhile to keep our sanity- and to make sure that we don’t neglect our own spiritual life when we’re trying to help others’ spiritual lives.

The faith is for us to grow in love, closer to God and one another.

The fact they do not have the faith means they do not have this tool.

To become angry with them for not having the faith actually displays a lack of depth in our own faith, as it makes “having faith” something that divides us rather than unites and heals. Since they don’t have this tool, we will have to use it all the more on ourselves. We cannot let others’ faith become our responsibility or we are actually interfering with their own relationship with God. We can teach them, listen to them, feed and clothe them, but we can’t make them believe.

edit>> the strangest thing about anger is many people use anger when they are trying to control something. The problem is, almost every time becoming angry empowers the other person.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back