Another inspirational thought

• Thread starter Thread starter workinprogress
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

workinprogress

Anyone ever seen “Labyrinth”? It’s interesting how the immature, spoiled girl wants to do away with the baby because it inconveniences her. I’m not sure if she was even blood-related. Not really understanding what she is doing, she accomplished that through a demonic character that turns the innocent humans into little monsters who help him. Jesus could be comparable to the baby who calls out for loving attention and priests being ones putting him into our lives hoping we’ll embrace him. Now Satan couldn’t do to Jesus what Bowie’s character could do to babies, but he could take him away from our hearts with our ill-informed consent.
She realizes what she has lost and wants to retrieve the baby again but, of course, that requires sacrifice and maybe even death. There is also a time limit and, as in the movie, presumptuousness gets you a penalty of quicker death (of the soul). She does not get deprived of all graces by her action and she can be helpful to others despite risk to her life and that brings her helpers, which she needs (like angels)–not all being courageous friends (like Job’s friends though Hoggle is better than Job’s friends were, I think). She almost gets tempted to go back to her life of ease by trickery of the senses by the lord of the demons but some kind of providence puts before her a reminder of her purpose in that life, at least. She gives up all she has to go for the baby even despite certain all-out loss against better armed foes and tells the lord of that world that she has gone all that way, learning life isn’t fair and other important character-building challenges, is not afraid of him and will take the baby back–and does.
The only thing missing in the movie is a God-Father figure. Still, it seems to be almost Catholic-hristian with all these themes, you think?

Dear friend

If it was Catholic it would be talking about Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and God our Father!!! It is not Catholic but I can see the intelligent parallels you have drawn from it to your own spirituality in Christ Jesus , you have done this because Jesus is foremost in your mind and this is a testimony to your faith.

It doesn’t speak of God, of an Eternal and Mighty Creator, of Eternal love, love that transcends all time and place, or of God’s lawsand the flouting of His laws per say, it does not speak of eternal redemption in Our ONE Saviour, Jesus Christ etc, but I see what parallels you are drawing from a secular instrument. What it does speak of is sacrifice and this is something sorely missing in our society by enlarge , it is a society foremost of the self.

We must daily draw these parallels into Scared Scripture of our daily living and make every action and thought a living presence in the Lord our God.

BUT, first we SACRIFICE to God and then to each other as brothers and sisters in Christ.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Lord of the Rings did not talk about these things directly either, but I think it was his intention to get those Catholic virtues out without people realizing they were getting Catholic theology.

BTW I should have said that the girl’s realization that not everything is fair could be like saying that noone owes us anything–not even God–so don’t be presumptuous of it.

work(name removed by moderator)rogress:
Lord of the Rings did not talk about these things directly either, but I think it was his intention to get those Catholic virtues out without people realizing they were getting Catholic theology.
C.S. Lewis did something similar in his Narnia Chronicles for children(although he was Anglican).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back