Another question about broken rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Carmetta
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carmetta

I know this was addressed in another thread last month but I have a question about broken rosaries.

When I was 8, I went to Catholic summer camp and received my very first rosary. It is not as fancy as the one I bought last year, but it is very dear to me.

The thing is I don’t know if it was blessed or not. It looks like a mass produced one (it glows in the dark). Although it is dear to me the crucifix has broken off so I can’t use it anymore. Should I just bury it? I open open to any suggestions.

Carmetta - If you are in doubt whether it is blessed, another blessing won’t do any harm.

Re the crucifix - I have bought another crucifix and put it on my favorite rosary when the original crucifix disintegrated. I have also replaced a few beads and redone some of the wiring. It was given to me by a sister 60 years ago and was well worn, and missing a couple of beads then. I expect that it will go in my casket with me.

I am one of many people who repair rosaries, no cost. I LOVE doing that. Just mail it to me.

If I cannot repair it for any reason, I’ll give it back to the owner. Then you can decide whether to bury it or try somewhere else to have it repaired.

A lost crucifix is THE most common repair, the second is a broken chain link. I have a collection of crucifixes, both plastic and metal, and can easily fix a broken chain piece. I try to match the metal tones and if necessary can usually do a pretty close bead match as well. Email me and we’ll arrange to exchange addresses. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back