I used to find thse anti-Catholic Web sites interesting, but when I researched their objections, I found my faith in the Cathoic Church grew deeper. (And these forums have been invaluable to me.)
These anti-Catholics who hide behind the bible are cowards. Sure, nowadays with mass print and internet services, its easy to get people to read a verse from the bible here and there to build up a case against anything. (The other day, in a different thread on these forums, I saw a muslim build up a case that Jesus was rude to his mother. Go figure…)
But where were these ministries in the early days of the church; the days when a printed copy of the bible was out of reach for the average person?
I wonder what are the fruits of these anti-Catholic christian ministries? Have they ever converted a pagan nation, or even a pagan tribe? Have they ever taught the gospel to people who can’t read? :nope: (There are plenty of illiterate people out there in the world.)
It seems to me, the only thing they can do is convert Catholics to christianity. That’s like taking a fish out of the ocean and teaching it to swim in your pool.
DISCLAIMER: Catholic Answers has turned over the archive to Catholic-Questions.org and no longer owns, manages, or moderates the forums. For additional apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.